Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Carenado's .V3 Aircraft

Yesterday I checked Aerosoft store and found F33 Bonanza updated to V3! Downloaded it, made a short flight. Model is fine, GPS 430 is good. Scroll wheel support is added to all kind of imaginable places - for example flap handle. Still there some confusion:

when trying to select MIC source on KMA TSO 24 audio panel (big right knob) the scroll wheel does not change the selector position but changes the VLOC frequency of GPS 430. On the same time changing the VLOC frequency with scroll wheel does not influence the audio panel MIC selector. I tried it two X-Plane 10.30 installations (on OS X 10.9 and Windows 7) with same results. When disabling scroll wheel support MIC selector can be turned using old method. Maybe there is problem with button mapping?

Plane itsself is very fine.

Vahur

The right audio panel knob is a dummy, and if it affects the GPS430's frequency, then that's a bug.  If you want to broadcast on COM2, you can simply enable the "Com2" button and disable the "COM1" button, and you should now broadcast on COM2.

This plane may require an update to v3.1 (after all other planes have been updated to v3.0), to implement multi-function scroll/click manipulators, and the more future-proof torque effect dampening algorithm.  

Excellent approach Dan!

Thx for answering - I do believe you're on the right track, and look forward for your future projects, as well as I do for other devs to start using those datarefs.

A lot can be done with it, but it's a can of worms if you think about what it takes to really tune them to realistic effects - there are just so many things involved...

Recently I came across a very unexpected behavior of a powerful prop aircraft on an high grade add-on p51d in another high grade sim, and have been trying to find support for it, which I am finally begining to find, from rw pilots at PPrune.

The situation is one in which instead of weathercocking during the initial takeoff run, specially persistent if flaps deplyed, the aircraft turns it's nose downwind and requires into the wind rudder and opposite aileron when a strong x-wind component is present. The effect is realistic, can occur under such high intensity wind situations, but is seldom felt by rw pilots because they wuldn't risk taking off under such circumstances, and is due to the wash of the downwind lift and drag generation surfaces by the deflected propwash. This sort of effect can indeed become modeled using the new datarefs, but it requires a lot of math if one really wants to nail it :-/

As with any new technology, it might take a while to really "nail it".  Even X-Plane's toolset, made available now to developers, may still undergo changes, tweaks, improvements, etc.  I'd request, at least initially, to not have expectations set too high.  The way I'll have this implemented is flexible, so anyone with a desire to continue fiddling with it, should be able to easily make sense of how it works.  As the desire for fine-tuning captures the imagination of end-users, they can feel free to fiddle with this, and share their findings with the community, as long as it doesn't violate the EULA.

The way you're talking about this does indicate that you are passionate about getting ALL the effects right in ALL circumstances.  However, keep in mind that as developers, we try to spend our time and energy on things that matter to the greatest spectrum of end-users.  What matters most to end-users right now, is that they get their hands on v3.0 updates as soon as possible, so that limits the amount of resources we can pour into meeting your dream expectations on this new tweak.  

Sure, we can keep pushing the accuracy limits as time goes on, and we can continue exploring what sorts of situations and dynamics are most realistic, but I'd encourage users not to force items up on the "must-have" priority list before the time is really ripe for it, both from the perspective of the tools that are given to us in order to even address these issues, to also the time it takes to familiarize oneself with all the secondary effects and pitfalls of these settings.  

Right now, it looks like at least 31 add-ons will be retrofitted with features that will allow for the discerning end-user to fiddle with these parameters pretty much in real-time (i.e, without the pesky need to restart the plane after every tweak), so I'm expecting this to create some interesting experiments and discussions.