Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Carenado's .V3 Aircraft

Not sure about Logitech's scroll wheel smoothing function... that might be something to experiment more with.  It'd be interesting to see if others are experiencing the same thing you are.

Then my only other suspicion is, that there is some plugin or hardware that is affecting the V/S values, in addition to the scroll/knob manipulator.  If you had a clean demo version of the sim kicking around, that could help you get to the bottom of it.  If the plane works and scrolls as it should in that clean demo (with no hardware hooked up), then I'd say it's due to some plugin or hardware interaction.  

Disabled all pugins save Sasl and Scrolllwheel and it still hangs just at the point of breaking over. Not sure why that one is the only one that sticks using logitech setpoint software.

I don't understand what you're referring to.  Where do you see Pat. and Exp. abbreviaNovember 19th, 2013

This is a cumulative service pack.

YOU DONT NEED THIS SERVICE PACK IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE AIRCRAFT AFTER November 19th 2013 AT 2030 GMT

Improvements:

tions?

Which products:

B1900D HD SERIES XPLANE relleno.gif 26-Sep-2014 relleno.gif 1 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif  Update

CT206H STATIONAIR HD SERIES XPLANE relleno.gif 20-Jun-2014 relleno.gif 1 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif   

C185F Skywagon XPLANE relleno.gif 10-May-2014 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif   

C185F SKYWAGON BUSH EXTENSION PACK XPLANE relleno.gif 10-May-2014 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif   

C90B KING AIR HD SERIES XPLANE relleno.gif 21-Jan-2014 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif  Update

B58 BARON XPLANE relleno.gif 21-Dec-2013 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif   

C208B SUPER CARGOMASTER EXP. PACK HD SERIES XPLANE relleno.gif 14-Dec-2013 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif   

C208B GRAND CARAVAN HD Series XPLANE relleno.gif 14-Dec-2013 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif  Update

C340 II HD SERIES XPLANE relleno.gif 12-Jul-2013 relleno.gif 2 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif   

C172N Skyhawk II XPLANE relleno.gif 09-Jun-2013 relleno.gif 3 relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif CLICK HERE relleno.gif

When I click on "Update", I get this:

C90B KING AIR HD SERIES XPLANE (Pat.) C90 King Air X-Plane - Patch 20131129 relleno.gif   relleno.gif Click here relleno.gif Click here

November 29th, 2013

This patch fixes a misreading in the artificial horizon in the C90 King Air for X-Plane.

You dont need to apply this patch if you downloaded the aircraft after November 29th, 2013 1930 GMT

(Exp.) C90 King Air X-Plane - Service Pack 20131119 relleno.gif   relleno.gif Click here relleno.gif Click here

-Improved windshield rain effect.

-Created interior mobile reading light (V10 HDR Only) with fading.

-Created spill ice light (V10 HDR only)

-Added some missing sounds.

FIXES:
-Fixed some autopilot issues.

-Fixed some inconsistent checklist points.

-Fixed "Marching Ants" (graphic) problem in rear cabin window frames.

-Some other minor bugs and issues corrected.

CUSTOMERS WHO ALREADY BOUGHT IT FROM CARENADO SHOULD DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN. DOWNLOADS WERE INCREASED.

B1900D HD SERIES XPLANE (Exp.) B1900D X-PLANE - Service Pack 1 20141007 relleno.gif  07-Oct-2014 relleno.gifClick here relleno.gifClick here

October 7th, 2014

YOU DONT NEED THIS SERVICE PACK IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE AIRCRAFT AFTER October 7th 2014 AT 1800GMT.

Improvements:

-Tweaked reset messages for more accurate "Cold and dark" start

-Improved internal night lighting

-Made tail beacon light independent of strobe lights

-Optimized VRAM usage some more

-Improved landing light halos

-Included blank PNG files for livery painting

Fixes:

-Minimized sound distortion during view switching

-Added DH knob to autopilot panel

-Addressed jumping NAV2 frequency knob

-Added railings to passenger door

Customers should login into their account at Carenado in order to download it.

You dont need this Service Pack if you bought it from any resellers.

C208B GRAND CARAVAN HD Series XPLANE (Exp.) C208 X-PLANE - Optional Patch relleno.gif   relleno.gifClick here relleno.gifClick here

John

The above didn't come out the way I copied and pasted, but you can read through and and see the products and the pat. and exp. notations.

John Wingold

Hi John, If I'm reading this correctly you are going into the UPDATES AND PATCHES section? Try this, log into your account and go MY PRODUCTS. Use the link under CLICK TO DOWNLOAD. In other words, download the whole product again. As for determining version number, go to the PRODUCTS page and a version number will be shown there. Hope this helps.

Whatever patches were up there for X-plane, they were all very temporary anyway, except for the ones that are still in the "Updates" link on the main page.  (Actually, the only valid X-plane patch is NoJoe's optional Caravan flight tweaks patch.  All other patches have already been rolled into their respective full product downloads.)  

X-Plane products are usually re-uploaded in their entirety shortly after the need for a patch becomes apparent.  

These patches you're referring to have been removed, as they're expired.  (I assume this is what Exp. means).  

Dan,

I guess I have missed something, but I don't understand the Pat. and the Exp. abbreviations in the updates files.  It would be much easier (for me) with a V3 indicator.  I'm too old for all this stuff... :wacko:

John

ps - I've used several downloads that were the same thing I had before...

John, in your account the Version 3 Aircrafts are not updates. They are full installs. Only a small handful right now are at Version 3. Below are the current ones and if you go to Carenado's site and click on one you will see they say version 3 in the description.

2evgody.jpg 

Thanks guys. I have been away from my computer (on iPad now). I will check - probably tomorrow night - and see if I can sort this out. I know that of all I have, probably the 172 is the only one updated, but it wasn't clear when on the "update" page. I appreciated everyone's help.

John

John Wingold

Yep - I found it - but think it should be more obvious. If you check your personal file, ("my account"), for updates I think it should tell you there.  But, that's just me.

Thanks guys.

John

John Wingold

Is there a way to permanently turn off the new scroll wheel support, without having to click the "C" (I think) and then de-select the red circle each time you open the plane. (C172 / F33A)

Probably something I need to edit in a config file somewhere I'm guessing.

Thanks in advance,

You can simply remove the "XPScrollWheel" plugin from the aircraft's plugins folder.  It should remove the option to enable scroll support... at least for the first five planes (M20J, PA32, C152, PA28, C172).  

The next few planes (V35 and on)  have an improved version of the scroll wheel, which actually is a combo manipulator: scroll AND click.  

The next few planes (V35 and on)  have an improved version of the scroll wheel, which actually is a combo manipulator: scroll AND click.  

Oh, you mean the one,that you used in the Alabeo Piper SportsCruiser?

Yes. This tech is very much in its infancy, and improvements are being made which not only make for better updated planes, but also save a lot of work when it comes to updating the planes.  I'm expecting there to be several more significant improvements before the round of updates is complete.  Awkward timing.  I wish I had what I have now when I started updating.  

I didn't know the Alabeo had scroll support? That was the reason I didn't buy it.

Older Alabeo planes have not yet been retrofitted.  Only the Cruz PiperSport has scroll wheel support.  And it's more advanced than in the B1900 (to be expected, as it was published later.)  Specifically, you no longer have to enable/disable scroll support, because each scroll zone also supports click and drag.

Hmmm, Dan, that sounds interesting - V3 aircraft being less prone to the "torque bug", but I wonder if you're using your initial tweak, based on the "prop" dataref, or if you already managed to use the 6 new datarefs forr forces / moments around the 3 main axis ?

I think I'll try to get my installers back :-)

Initially, I've been using the usual tweak, based on the  "prop_dir" fractional dataref (pre-10.30).  But Ben Supnik is pretty much guaranteeing that this'll cause problems for future X-Plane updates.  So far, the planes we've published use this pre-10.30 fix.  Now that the data refs for forces have been added to 10.30, and I've experimented a bit with them, I will incorporate this tweak into future updates (from the Caravan on).  

Both fixes will work, at least for the time being.  The 10.30-specific fix may actually be the better overall solution, as it also allows for better tracking during take-off.  It has the potential to counter some other nasty exaggerated slipstream and under-done  lateral tire force effects, which conspire together to cause planes to veer quite a bit at low speeds and full throttle.  The 10.30 specific data refs allow for a certain degree of mitigation for some of these exaggerated, unwanted effects, which go beyond the simple pre-10.30 "prop_dir" fix.

Add to that that this new 10.30 way of dealing with excessive torque is supposedly future-proof, I'd want to retrofit the older v3 planes  (prior to the Caravan) with this as well... but maybe not until I've worked my way through all Carenado and Alabeo planes to v3.0.  

If I go back for a v3.1 run, I'd probably also include further improvements I'm making to the scroll wheel plugin in the newer v3.0 planes... fixes such as the "combination manipulator", which now allows for scroll AND click/drag... so you don't have to disable scroll wheel support from the "O" menu, if you want to click or drag.

Excellent approach Dan!

Thx for answering - I do believe you're on the right track, and look forward for your future projects, as well as I do for other devs to start using those datarefs.

A lot can be done with it, but it's a can of worms if you think about what it takes to really tune them to realistic effects - there are just so many things involved...

Recently I came across a very unexpected behavior of a powerful prop aircraft on an high grade add-on p51d in another high grade sim, and have been trying to find support for it, which I am finally begining to find, from rw pilots at PPrune.

The situation is one in which instead of weathercocking during the initial takeoff run, specially persistent if flaps deplyed, the aircraft turns it's nose downwind and requires into the wind rudder and opposite aileron when a strong x-wind component is present. The effect is realistic, can occur under such high intensity wind situations, but is seldom felt by rw pilots because they wuldn't risk taking off under such circumstances, and is due to the wash of the downwind lift and drag generation surfaces by the deflected propwash. This sort of effect can indeed become modeled using the new datarefs, but it requires a lot of math if one really wants to nail it :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...