Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

SweetFx and Nvidia DSR , anyone tried it ?

Hi,

Just wanting to know if anyone who already has SweetFX installed/configured has also enabled Nvidia DSR.

I have sweetfx and I have set it up per adi's instructions and find it working perfectly. Love the way it has improved the graphics...

I now am hearing about DSR, and wanted to know if DSR can be enabled with SweetFX, and if anyone has done that and the outcome, plus specific settings to be applied.

If it helps, my graphics card is a GTX 660 2GB, and with 1 x BENQ 24" monitor at 1920x1080p resolution.

Thanks

Hari

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use it with shade, which is similar to sfx, if that's any help. Just try it, and if it doesn't work just disable DSR.

Shade is not simmiliar to SweetFX, not even close, in the way how it interacts with FSX. Shade injects its values in some FSX file, or temporarily replace that file to change lights/haze/shadows color ingame. SweetFX is practically a DLL file that will run with FSX, not altering any FSX values or files, acting like a PostFX layer over original.

Yes, do not confuse SweetFX with Shader. They may resemble each other, but they're two different purposes.

As for DSR. With some tweaking it may be able to replace SFX sharpening, but I haven't really tested it to tell. DSR is basically a new method of down-sampling, a mean to reduce jaggies instead of using an AA method like MSAA, SGSS etc'.