Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Turning off "beep" from navaids

I can not figure out how to turn off the morse code identification beep when tuning in to and ILS. It is getting quite annoying and have ht every combination of buttons on the radio panel I could think of.

Help is appreciated!

I can not figure out how to turn off the morse code identification beep when tuning in to and ILS. It is getting quite annoying and have ht every combination of buttons on the radio panel I could think of.

If all of the (nav-radio-related) circular knobs on the audio panel are turned off (not lit up), then you shouldn't be hearing anything. I don't think the FO panel controls any of the FS radios, but you might check there, too. Additionally, are you using a panel state that you're saving over after every flight? It's a stretch, but it might just be a corrupted panel state.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah no buttons are lit except the red mic button on COM1 and COM2 respectively on side one and two.

I don't save my flights so the panel state isn't saved, I only start from scratch each flight and do short turn panel state.

Yeah no buttons are lit except the red mic button on COM1 and COM2 respectively on side one and two.

I don't save my flights so the panel state isn't saved, I only start from scratch each flight and do short turn panel state.

Are you using EZDok ? and did you by any chance mapped Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, Ctrl+4 to any EZDok views ?

I would wager you did, those are default FSX button mapping for IDENT on the NAV, COM, ADF, etc. either change EZDok keys, or turn off the FSX keys.

Try Ctrl+4.

It turns the DME ident off which is what I suspect you're hearing.

Hope this helps,

Ian

I wish that was the case bbut no, I do not have EZdok

Just to be certain, the buttons that shouldn't be illuminated are the ones in this screenshot:

comms_audio.jpg

If you click on any of these they toggle on and off. If on you will hear the ident (or comms channel) when selected.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Just to be certain, the buttons that shouldn't be illuminated are the ones in this screenshot:

comms_audio.jpg

If you click on any of these they toggle on and off. If on you will hear the ident (or comms channel) when selected.

Yes the lights are off but I made an odd discovery. I just installed Prepar3d and got the pmdg installed as well and I'm not having this issue, only in FSX for some reason.

I just installed Prepar3d and got the pmdg installed

Not a good idea to admit this and/or discuss it here. This is not an authorized use of the software given the product EULA.

(This would also be against the AVSIM Terms of Service as well. Speaking of rules, it's also a rule in this subforum to sign your name to your posts.)

Kyle Rodgers