Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Saved and loaded FSX flight plans don't allow for VFR flight?

To be clear, the flight plans I'm trying to use were generated using FS Commander and saved. When I load a saved flight plan, I'm unable to use it in VFR flight. If I choose VFR from the flight plan page after laoding the plan, FSX takes me to where I would be generating a new flight plan and saving it.

Does that mean that FS Commander is not allowing for VFR flight in the flight plan it generates and when I change that on the FSX flight plan page, it becomes a new flight plan with all my waypoints gone? As far as I can see, FSX won't use the route I put ib using FS Commander and insists on generating a route for me.

Also, when I load a flight plan into FSX and use ATC, the ATC doesn't seem to have that plan and directs me onna totally different course. From what I can tell, that is normal FSX operation anyway so, is there a better ATC addon that could be used?

Thanks folks! This forum is a huge help!

When you save your flightplan in FSC you have a choice of IFR or VFR.  There is a radio button on the save page.

If you have already save the plan as IFR you cqan open the FSX flight plan with notepad and about four lines down you can change the IFR to VFR.  The opposite is also true.

Tom

I didn't see that radio button... probably because I didn't look for it! I'll have to try that out tomorrow when I'm at home. Knowing I can change it in notepad is interesting too.

Thanks!