Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Interaction with Purser

Hi,

I could not get the info in the documentation, what are the possible interactions/communications with the purser.

Also I have noticed that the purse voice (volume) is low, is there a way to increase make it a big louder.

Again, I am referring to pmdg 777-300ER SP1C.

Thanks

Hari

Hi,

I could not get the info in the documentation, what are the possible interactions/communications with the purser.

Also I have noticed that the purse voice (volume) is low, is there a way to increase make it a big louder.

Again, I am referring to pmdg 777-300ER SP1C.

Thanks

Hari

With pre-recorded high quality voices, interaction with Purser is pretty thin.

They will mostly respond to instructions to open or close the doors,as weel as notifications for pending takeoff or landing

Cabin crew close doors

Flight attendants prepare for gate departure

See manual "Cabin commands"

On the other hand, if you want to explore the world of TTS, and provided you have at least one quality TTS voice installed, you can indulge in endless virtual conversations with Purser about anything you wish.

We can't be held responsible for possible marriage breakdown resulting from the misuse of this feature :P

As for the audio volume, be aware Windows 7 uses a separate audio slider for each running application. In addition it has a feature whereby it sometimes decides to auto-reduce the volume of applications it deems are background tasks.

You can proceed as follows.

With the sim and MCE both running, look at the system tray (right-bottom of the screen)

Click "Mixer", and you will see various sliders. You can set MCE volume relative to FSX volume.

Now you need to tell Windows not to use the automatic volume attenuation feature.

Go to Windows Control Panel and open "audio applet".

Go to <Communications> tab and select option "Do nothing".

That should do it.

Won't the above just increase all MCE voices?

What is needed is a method to increase the purser only.

Or have I missed something?