Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Saitek panels or VRInsight MCP Combo (Airbus type)

Hi all,

I would like to extend my setup with panels so that I can control the most important things without using the mouse. I mostly fly the Aerosoft Airbus 318/319, the Majestic Q400, the Carenado PC12 and the A2A Cherokee. Now here is the question: Should I rather buy a set of Saitek panels (Multi panel, Switch panel and Radio panel) or should I buy a VRInsight MCP combo (Airbus type). I understand that with LINDA and SPAD (for the Saitek option) I can make both options work with all the four aircraft. The MCP combo is especially nice when flying the Airbus, however, I don't know if it is worth the higher price compared to the Saitek panels. Any feedback from users would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have the VRInsight MCP Combo v.2 and turning the knobs (using LINDA) cause the values in the sim to jump all over the place unless I turn them slow (hdg bug, crs, alt, etc.).  Very, very annoying.  I got a replacement board, cleaned the knobs and also moved it to a new PC but it does the same thing.  Not sure if the newer ones still do it.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Personally I owned the Saitek Radio panel and Multipanel and later the VRInsight combo v.2 (Boeing type). The Radio Panel works with all aircraft, although the Saitek drivers are not as good as SPAD. The Multipanel ONLY works with default FSX aircraft and there is support for the PMDG NGX and Maddog MD82 through SPAD only. Other aircraft are not supported.

VRInsight on the other hand works with all aircraft (at least the mainstream ones) and support is added for newer ones as they come. The rotary knobs do take some getting used to, as Gregg mentions, but in the end I like them as they are since you are able to do make small or bigger changes, depending on the speed of rotation.

Personally I owned the Saitek Radio panel and Multipanel and later the VRInsight combo v.2 (Boeing type). The Radio Panel works with all aircraft, although the Saitek drivers are not as good as SPAD. The Multipanel ONLY works with default FSX aircraft and there is support for the PMDG NGX and Maddog MD82 through SPAD only. Other aircraft are not supported.

VRInsight on the other hand works with all aircraft (at least the mainstream ones) and support is added for newer ones as they come. The rotary knobs do take some getting used to, as Gregg mentions, but in the end I like them as they are since you are able to do make small or bigger changes, depending on the speed of rotation.

Are you using LINDA?  I got rid of SPAD about 6 months ago. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Negative on LINDA. I am not using the Saitek panels anymore as I got a Cockpitsonic RMP and TCAS module. However I would be interested to have a look if you point me to the right direction.

Negative on LINDA. I am not using the Saitek panels anymore as I got a Cockpitsonic RMP and TCAS module. However I would be interested to have a look if you point me to the right direction.

Nice comm panel (pricey tho!).  LINDA is here...

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/427-linda-downloads/

I use it for my VRInsight as well as my Saitek units, yoke, throttles.  It requires FSUIPC paid.

Gregg Seipp