Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Windows Minimize Event (not CTD)

Anyone have this problem?  I will be flying along and I get a sudden windows minimize event.  FSX is NOT crashing because I recover by bringing up the task manager and select "switch to FSX" and all is well again. I run windows 7 and auto update is turned off.  Whats really interesting is I have another PC running games in windows XP and I get this event.  Maybe my router? Maybe my internet provider? Maybe magnetic waves?

Thanks for any help!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

I had this exact same issue and traced it to Citrix Receiver running in the task bar. Once I closed it and stopped the associated service, I was able to fly for hours on end without the screen minimizing. A co-worker who is also an avid simmer had the same issue and when he closed Citrix he was able to fly without any issues as well.

Give that a shot and see and I hope it helps!

M

Sorry, I don't have Citrix  Receiver installed. But I will check for other stuff that may be starting up.  Thanks for replying!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.