Sign in to follow this  
EDHL0001

VC Shadows - Aerosoft Airbus A318-321

Hi,

up to version 2.3 I had no problems with VC shadows in the Aerosoft Airbusses. Updating to version 2.4 and now to 2.5 there are still problems:

• Since version 2.4 I had to change in the DEBUG section to "Shadows Version 4" to get VC shadows in the Aerosoft A318 to A321. When do think this will be fixed?
  • Since version 2.4 and using "Shadows Version 4" I think the shadows are not so clear like in the previous versions. The border between shadow and sun is much more blurry.

Regards,

Rolf

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The program is written so that features can be tuned via the advanced options page (debug) and saved to a profile.

This is because some aircraft don't necessarily work well with certain options and it isn't possible to determine which aircraft is running (as the core engine could) and make a decision using that at run time.

V2.3 used ShadowVersion 3

V2.4 used ShadowVersion 4 and 5

V2.5 used ShadowVersion 6

If you want to use the shadows from 2.3 then select ShadowVersion 3.

Are you using eye tracking software?

If so the reason shadows dont work in 2.5 comes from that and there is an Ezdok option in the shadow dialog which turns of the v5 feature that conflicted with that.

I think that you are actually complaining that ShadowVersion is in a dialog called DEBUG and not the main Shadows dialog - is that correct?

Hi Steve,

thanks for the quick answer. And I have to apologize for bothering you. Something must have happened with my DX10SF-Installation. After a complete de- and re-installation everything works fine e. g. I have no more problems with VC shadows in the Aerosoft Airbus A318 to A321. Sorry......

Regards,

Rolf