Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

Anti Aliasing question

Hi,

I've read and applied all the Manual recommendations (FSX and NVidia Inspector) and noticed some points:

1. The turning aircraft in the FSX initial screen, in my case the Cessna, does not show AA effects - all the fuselage lines shows jaggies. Before DX10, using only NVidia Inspector AA settings, this initial aircraft showed smooth fuselage lines. Is this correct?
  2. Stepping into the FSX default flight, everything now looks very good, without stair-steps and few shimmering.
  3. I tried using the combined modes, as 8x CSAA, but I just cannot find in NVidia Inspector the compatible 8x SGSSAA setting. Where can I find this setting or equivalent in the Inspector AA lines?
  4. Although the AA settings applied resolved most relevant AA issues, there is still a discreet imperfection in certain lines, for instance, on painted strips on the fuselage. Any ideas?
  5. Well, the jaggies simply disappear as zoom is applied in the direction of the aircraft. The effects close to the plane are simply the best, as you can almost feel the metal surface as it reflects the contours.

Thanks and regards,

Heron

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

OK, I am diving in the graphical secrets ocean and found that the SGSSAA setting is found in NVidia Inspector at:

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling

There you find values as 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling or 4x Sparce Grid Supersampling, etc, which are the compatible SGSSAA settings mentioned in the Fixer Manual pg.36 table, which I read more carefully.

I will test this setting to see the results for AA.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

sorry - I replied to this - I don't know what happened to it.

1) Aces didn't program any - the only AA you see is if forced from NVI which doesn't work in DX10.

Yes you are correct that is where you set SGSSAA. For 8x CSAA which is 4 multi samples 4 x SGSSA is best.

SGSSAA should improve the aircraft externally , although the same benefit can be obtained by mipmapping the aircraft textures.

Also check Graphics MAX_TEXTURE_LOAD is set correctly for your addons - many aircraft are 2048 and it resets to 1024 whenever you change fsx.cfg from inside fsx.

Steve,

Thanks, I will check the settings.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr