Sign in to follow this  
Tubthumper

Constant low fuel warning pop up

I constantly get the transparent blue "Low fuel warning" flashing across my screen every few minutes for the entire duration of my flight.  I load my fuel using the PMDG Load Manager and I know my fuel level is good.  I can have full tanks taxiing to the runway and it still pops up..  Does anyone know the fix to stop these pop ups?

Does anyone know the fix to stop these pop ups?

Turn flying tips off in the FSX settings (realism settings, I think)

Kyle Rodgers

Now wait a minute, I'm just starting to get these messages but it is also showing up in my FMC as well.  Constant "Fuel level critical, press Ctrl + X now for instant fuel" but like I said, still showing up in my FMC, also fuel pumps 1 through 4 saying the buttons need to be pressed, but I press them, and STILL get this message.  I ran out of fuel on a flight today from KBAD to KSHV which was only a 20 minute flight.  Any better insight???

Any better insight???

We're going to need a lot more info than what you're giving us, honestly. To resolve the "Press CTRL+X for instant fuel" messages, follow our advice above (disable Flying Tips in your FSX Settings).

As far as the message on the FMC, what is the message? "USING RSV FUEL?" if so, it depends on how you're fueling the plane. If you don't have enough fuel, or if the FMC detects that you are going to eat into the value you've set in the RESERVE field, the message will be displayed.

I ran out of fuel on a flight today from KBAD to KSHV which was only a 20 minute flight.

How were you fueling the plane? ...via the FSX menu, or through the PMDG Load Manager? The load manager is the only proper way to load/fuel the aircraft.

Additionally, the length of the flight is irrelevant if you don't have enough fuel for that flight.

Kyle Rodgers

How were you fueling the plane? ...via the FSX menu, or through the PMDG Load Manager? The load manager is the only proper way to load/fuel the aircraft.

You can also load fuel from the PMDG options menu within FSX. Much more convenient during a flight.

ki9cAAb.jpg