Sign in to follow this  
tcas_climb

More V1.2 stuff if possible?

Hi Bryan, 

I was wondering if you could make some adjustments since you're working on a V1.2.

1. When you select in the briefing panel if anti ice is required, could you let the FO say during the before taxi checklist item ANTI ICE. So he would say "ANTI ICE....ENGINE ANTI ICE ON or ENGINE AND WING ANTI ICE ON" instead of always saying ANTI ICE...AUTO regardless of the selection.

2. I dont know how difficult this one is, but when you command him to "leave the flaps up for taxi" after the required time passes he says "CABIN IS READY", then later on when you call for the takeoff flaps, and the CABIN READY is displayed on the EICAS he doesn't respond. Is it possible for the FO's timer to start when you call for a flap setting other than "Leave the flaps up for taxi" since the cabin ready message wont be displayed until after takeoff flaps are set?

When you select in the briefing panel if anti ice is required, could you let the FO say during the before taxi checklist item ANTI ICE. So he would say "ANTI ICE....ENGINE ANTI ICE ON or ENGINE AND WING ANTI ICE ON" instead of always saying ANTI ICE...AUTO regardless of the selection.

2. I dont know how difficult this one is, but when you command him to "leave the flaps up for taxi" after the required time passes he says "CABIN IS READY", then later on when you call for the takeoff flaps, and the CABIN READY is displayed on the EICAS he doesn't respond. Is it possible for the FO's timer to start when you call for a flap setting other than "Leave the flaps up for taxi" since the cabin ready message wont be displayed until after takeoff flaps are set?

Hi Bryan,

1. FO should already state the position of the EAI/WAI switches in the checklist.  Is he not doing that for you?

2. I understand what you mean.  I'll see what I can do for that situation.

Cheers,

1. FO should already state the position of the EAI/WAI switches in the checklist.  Is he not doing that for you?

No he didnt, he turned EAI and WAI on as briefed but when he reads the checklist item he says AUTO even though the switches are ON. i will give it another try later on, maybe its a one off quirk (using the EU voice set)

Another thing, sometimes i like to manually connect the Air Conditioning Unit if its a very cold/hot day and position the PACK and RECIRC switches off as per SOP, i usually do this before running the preflight event. Is it possible for the FO to see that the AC unit is connected and leave/switch the PACK switches off as per SOP when using ground AC?