Sign in to follow this  
Flighted

Updated to last Navigraph data and can no longer select Runway 08 in Tutorial #2

I installed the latest (Nov 13, 2014) Navigraph AIRAC data for my 737NGX. If I load Tutorial #2 Before Visual Approach and try to set the Runway to 08 under DEP ARR on the FMC, it selects Runway 26 even if I select 08. This also prevents me from putting Runway 08 on my LEGS page and replacing the other waypoints. I can still land, of course, following the rest of the directions. Is this a bug or an issue with the Navigraph data?

These images illustrate the issue. Notice the Runways are listed on page 2 of LOWI Arrivals.

hO7oXoN.png

If I select either 08 or 26, the following screen displays:

y9jBemR.png

Thanks for your help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is this a bug or an issue with the Navigraph data?

If it were a bug, it would've likely been found before the 42nd nav data cycle since the NGX released (might need to check my math there), so my bet would be that it's a nav data issue, though I could be wrong.

Since it's been three years, discrepancies between the written document and the nav data should be expected. Either way, it's a visual approach, so you should still be able to follow the tutorial pretty well anyway.

I hate to revive this old thread but I am facing the same problem.  I had purchased a Airac upgrade (back when quarterly FMS subscriptions from Navigraph existed).  I installed the airac. booted the saved file for Lowi - the approach one.  I could not select the runway 8 to cancel the loc/dme procedures in the fmc.

But I reinstalled the backed up original airac, loaded the saved tutorial file and then it all worked.

I have the latest NGX version installed on FSX-SE

I assume this is a quirk as the file is saved with data regarding older airac, though it is still a manual landing so no biggie technically.