Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Problem Bridges

I am seeing the following weird effect on bridges, only around YWOL using ORBX AUS regional add ons and ORBX YWOL payware scenery.  As I get closer on approach, the problem resolves at a couple of miles out, but, seems to persist if I overfly at altitude.  Tried different AC, same issue.  Other bridges in the area have the same issue, these ones circled stand out because of the light color. 

Flown to quite a few AU airports even this past weekend, have not noticed this at all elsewhere.  I recently added ORBX Vector, but, this happens with or without Vector active.

I also found that it can be visible from the VC, visible from  "Aircraft View" however, may not show externally (spot).  But for instance my second shot below was the default King AIr (spot), not an add on AC.

Any ideas?

I posted this in the support forum but have gotten zero replies.  I since found via a google search that other have this issue calling it a bridge / pylon issue, but, mainly P3D.  My issue is strictly FSX.   

On approach (eventually go away close to landing).

Screenshot73196_zps277fcf15.jpg

Overfly (seemed as if they stayed the whole time):

Screenshot61985_zpsdc2f755c-1.jpg

Joe Lorenc

Hi Joe...

You are not alone with this one. I too have seen these 'tall masts' in various areas of the UK and Europe, the most recent being yesterday when overflying Barcelona on my way down to Palma Majorca. I use P3D but, since you are seeing the same things in FSX, then these anomalies must be a glitch in the ORBX package itself. Strange that you have had no feedback from anyone in Support about this as I am sure that you and I can't be the only ones to have noticed this?

I wonder if any of the low-flying GA guys have come across these on their hedge-hopping sorties....?  I can't imagine doing the Red Bull Race in a C172 can you??  :o 

It is strange and sporadic - seems to vary by AC, but, I have seen in trying the default KA, but, not in the F1 KA, go figure.  For me it is only around YWOL as well . . .

Joe Lorenc

Yup, I've got this as well - P3D 2.3 with Orbx Global, Vector & Open LC. Only seems to have started since I bought Aus and NZ regions and installed, but happens all over. Would be interested in what the solution is.

Over two weeks on their support forum and not 1 reply . . .

Joe Lorenc

I get it in P3D with no Orbx stuff installed at all, I do not get it in FSX.

This is not an Orbx issue and if it occures in both P3D and FSX I would tend towards blaming the Vidio drivers.

I have a GTX570

I have found a solution in my case in FSX (also posted on ORBX forums).

I started looking at why some views showed the issue and some did not.  It would even happen in the primary VC view but, not in co-pilot view of the same AC at the same point.

For me, deleting "ClipMode=Minimum" in the camera views where it occurred within Cameras.cfg (and within an AC's aircraft.cfg where necessary) seems to have solved the issue.  I assume deleting that entries results in a default value of "normal" for ClipMode, but, I am not sure.

I do not know if there are other implications to that change, but, have not seen any so far.

And, of course I backed up my cameras.cfg to be safe . . .

Joe Lorenc