Sign in to follow this  
daniel.burke01

PMDG Related error on Start up

Hey All,

A couple days ago I noticed an error message related to a .ddl file with  PMDG on startup.  The message I get says:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on)

Name: PMDGSounds Dynamic Link Library

Version: 10,0,61355,40

Company: PMDG

File: PMDG\DDLs\PMDGSounds.ddl

Do you want to Run this Software (not recommended)

If I click yes I Flight Sim shuts down with a fatal error.  If I click no, it starts and everything seems to run as normal.  I didn't change any settings or do anything different, this just happened one day while opening FSX.  I am not sure if I need to re-install something or where to begin to do that.  I have the 737, 777, 747...All are up to date and include all add ons.  Any tips on how to fix this error without re-installing everything?

Thanks.

-Dan Burke-

With this kind of problem it's best to contact PMDG direct by opening a support ticket. They will give you the optimum solution.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Contacting official PMDG support will definitely prove to remedy this issue, but sometimes it's good to research here and try what others have done to correct the issue. From what I could gather, most users experience this issue after they update either their sound card drivers or video card drivers. I recommend running the installer for the aircraft in question and selecting "Repair". This will rebuild any corrupt files. If you are still experiencing issues after that, or if you just want to have piece of mind/better clarification, I'd contact PMDG support here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

Dan-

I am in agreement with Caleb...  Follow his suggestions.

I would even go so far is to delete the offending dll, and then run the repair.  This will place an "original" copy of the DLL into your FSX installation.  If the problem persists- then you know something changed in your other drivers that is in disagreement with the dll...

(Dlls really don't go "corrupt" unless there is a drive data problem... for example.)

Also- while our support desk is definitely a good source of help- we maintain this forum in order to encourage users to help one another- and to build a community flask-of-knowledge from which others can drink when needed.

(I'm not sure why that became a drinking reference...  but...)  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks all,

My 1st plan of attack was to try to repair the file with the installations.  However, does it matter which PMDG product I run the installer on? 737, 777, 747? I really have no information as to which product this .ddl is specific too as the error message doesn't really state specifics.  And, the file is located in the general PMDG sound folder in the main FSX folder.   Also, if I run the original installer of a product and click repair, do I then need to go back and update the service packages as well?  Or will it just repair missing/damaged files and leave my version alone?

Thanks,

-Dan Burke-

I had this issue some while back (mabye last year), and Vince kindly advised me to update the visual studio runtimes 32 and 64bit. (Vs2005,2008,) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020