Sign in to follow this  
mas618

Unable to activate GNS for p3d

Hello guys.

History:

Purchased the GNS back when it was 1.0.0.5. At that time I had both FSX and p3d installed on the system. Meanwhile I've removed FSX and re-installed p3d when upgrading to 2.4 - but didn't install the GNS again, as I went tubeliner.

After the release of FTX NOR I decided to take the GA for a spin and wanted to install the Mindstar again.

Now I downloaded the new 1.08.0005 installer, and ran it as admin. In the end of the install progress, I get a message; "Unable to install C:\FSX\gauges\gaugempi.bin" (wich is the old path of my FSX installation). If trying to activate at this point, I would get a message saying that the product was not properly installed for MFS.

Trying to uninstall the GNS I would get the following error: " Error 1905. Module C:\Windows\sysWOW64\oc30.dll failed to unregister. Hresult - 2147220472. Contact your support personal".

I probably screwed something up when removing FSX and the GNS installation at that point - my supoprt question would be - what to do now!?

Thx

Mas

Invoice Number: 2003906

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Simply contact us at our support at MindstarAviation dot com. (See what I did there? :hint: :hint:) :smile:

Hi Ed - didn't see anything;-) But I will do so asap;-) tjx

Mas

Good deal. We should be able to get you fixed and working within 24hrs or so... depending on how much caffeine we pump into our support crew. It's all about your removal of FSX, which you suspected.