Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Airport lights brightness

Steve,

I have a few airports where I had to add a lightfield and they are are now OK...all the lights are now visible. However, the lights (in particular the taxi lights, both the blue ones and the green ones) are very dim. Is there a way to enhance the brightness of such lights ?

Thanks

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

If you experiment with the sliders and options you may be able to improve the brightness but that may have side effects at the same or other legacy airports.

As the manual explains the information to draw legacy objects precisely as the designer intended is lost by the fsx core. Therefore DX10SF has to make guesses and assumptions as to what options to apply. You can influence the decisions it makes with the slider.

Steve,

you mean the Legacy Options Slider ?

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

yes that's what I meant but on reflection I am unsure that will help.

If these lights don't reliably appear without a light field then they must be effect lights.

There are two variants native FSX effects or legacy point lights that get converted to effects.

For the latter I would think that the brightness would be the same in DX9 and there is nothing that can be done.

For the former then you could try disabling the effects fix but that may have other side effects