Sign in to follow this  
jjaycee1

Full screen problem in DX10

One last throw of the dice from me. Look in Control panel\Progams etc.\Updates Look for KB2670838. If you have it on your system, uninstall it and hide it. It messes with FSX UI.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I would delete your FSX.cfg and let FSX make a new one. I had this issue where FSX wouldn't remember window positions, keep maximized (windowed mode, even though it was initially set to fullscreen), etc. So I just deleted my config file and started over. Haven't had too many issues since.

My cfg.

Or are talking to jjacee1.

Ron

I cannot thank you enough for realising you were having a "senior moment"!! During the flight loading I clicked the black screen and BINGO I am now in full screen. I have done this twice now so am confident it will carry on working.

ebo77.. thanks for your input too. I have just reinstalled Fixer and the cfg is somewhat similar to yours in the relevant sections.

Once again all, many may thanks for your perseverance in trying to assist me.

Regards

Another OLD fart !!

Anyone know why this works?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

@gboz...... No I am not sure either but it did ! I think my problem may have had something to do with Fixer, although prior to uninstalling it I did do the click on the flight loading screen and it worked. After that I reinstalled Fixer and i have not had to click the flight loading screen since, it loads in fullscreen automatically. Are you just interested in the "why it works" or have you had a similar problem?

Another satisfied customer. :BigGrin: You'd do well to check the KB2670838 thing to avoid future troubles.

Anyone know why this works?

gb.

No. Put it down to yet another FSX foible.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Are you just interested in the "why it works" or have you had a similar problem?

Never seen this problem myself.

Just curious.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.