Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

How do people get Nvidia DSR to work with P3D or FSX?

I've been looking for a way to get Nvidia DSR to work with P3D or FSX but, since they are not "supported games", I can't find a way to get it to happen.

I've been looking in the GeForce Experience since that's really the only "Nvidia control panel" type thing I have. I do have MSI Afterburner the "Riva Tuner" thing but don't see how those would help either.

People here are stating that they got DSR going so, it must be possible along with other settings that I'm unable to find in GeForce Experience.

I've been looking for a way to get Nvidia DSR to work with P3D or FSX but, since they are not "supported games", I can't find a way to get it to happen.

I've been looking in the GeForce Experience since that's really the only "Nvidia control panel" type thing I have. I do have MSI Afterburner the "Riva Tuner" thing but don't see how those would help either.

People here are stating that they got DSR going so, it must be possible along with other settings that I'm unable to find in GeForce Experience.

GeForce Experience is only used with supported games.

With unsupported games like FSX/P3D you have to set DSR in the Global Settings of the nvidia control panel (right click desktop and select).

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

GeForce Experience is only used with supported games.

With unsupported games like FSX/P3D you have to set DSR in the Global Settings of the nvidia control panel (right click desktop and select).

gb.

Why didn't I ever think of that?! Thank you!

SO, I applied DSR to the monitor I use as the main display for P3D, FSX, and everything else. That caused the text and icons on the display to become so small that I couldn't read the text. From what I read, DSR is supposed to scale things up and then scale them back down before sending the image to the monitor.

I have three monitors runing on two cards. The main monitor is on a gtx-760 and the two smaller side monitors are on a gt-610.

From what I read, DSR is supposed to scale things up and then scale them back down before sending the image to the monitor.

Unfortunately the text is not up-sized.

Best you can do is increase the text size setting in the Windows Control Panel/Display to 125% or 150%.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

sigh... it's always something huh? Well, since I can apply DSR to just one monitor, I should also be able to change the text size on only one monitor... I'll give it a shot.

Oh joy. Windows won't let me set the size adjustment for only one monitor or even just for one graphics card... it's all or nothing. If I do that, then my addon, SimTouch Plus 2, won't display correctly on any of my monitors.

sigh... it's always something huh?

Too true... :)

Did you go straight to 4K DSR? 

You might be able to live with the text size on the lower resolutions?

gb.

The only DSR option I saw was the 4K. I'll check again when I get home from work in the morning.

Well, I did wome looking in the 3D settings in Nividia control panel and , guess what, there are options in there for DSR! Imagine that.

Then, when I started up P3D and looked into the display settings, an option for 4K resolution was there...hmmm...I chose that option and...everything looks the same as it did before.

The big deal here is that I was able, in a round about way, to choose DSR for P3D.

Thanks guys... I got it now. I'm not all that impressed but, my question has been answered.

I've found that DSR is not a good substitute for standard AA. I too found that DSR has no value if it's the only AA method applied. The best effect of DSR is when it is coupled with MSAA or CSAA, though transparency AA, e.g. GSAA, is not needed.  All of this is in refence to FSX, for I have no idea what AA options or capabilities are available for P3D.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)