Sign in to follow this  
FVat

No taxi/runway lights on P3Dv2

Hi All,

I wish you a Merry Christmas and safe flying :)

I have recently encountered a strange issue on my P3Dv2 which I have been using for over 2 months - all runway and taxi lights have gone missing since a few days earlier.

Airport lights are missing even on default sceneries.

I haven't change settings of P3D and install/uninstall sceneries before the issue happens.

I am wondering if anybody could advise on possible cause of this and if there's anything which I should try to fix this?

You may download 2 screenshots which show the issue from the link below.

My PC specs:

i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz

DDR3 1600MHz 16GB (8+8)

Gigabyte GTX770 2GB

240GB SSD for OS, P3Dv2 installed on another 240GB SSD, plus 1TB mechanical HDD for storage

Corsair CX750M PSU 

Major addons installed:

Orbx FTX Global Base

Orbx FTX Global Vector

REX4 Texture Direct

Taxi2Gate VHHH

FSDT LAX, KJFKv2, KORD

UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme

FlyTampa Boston

ImagineSim WSSS

Mega Airport Frankfurt

AeroSim RJFF, RJBB

Regards,

Alan

Alan I just had this issue a few days ago. The difference is that I had UTX for FSX installed, not Global Vector. I uninstalled the UTX program and installed UTX V2 for P3D. I suspect that Global Vector is your culprit as a clean install of P3D V2 does not have this problem. Perhaps a reinstallation Vector would help, or perhaps something in it's settings or maybe the priority assigned to it in the scenery library. Good luck.

James McLees

Alan,

I understand that the new nvidia 347.09 driver can cause a similar problem.

Dave

Alan,

I understand that the new nvidia 347.09 driver can cause a similar problem.

Dave

I agree...might be the driver if you have 347.09. I installed that one and immediately lost the PAPI lights. Not sure of other lights were affected since I noticed it in a daylight flight. Went back to the older driver and lights were back.

Thanks guys!

Nvidia GeForce Experience automatically installed driver 347.09 for me then the light problem happened.

I reverted back to driver 344.75 and the problem is solved!