Sign in to follow this  
KPBG

Updated GPS Nav Data for GA

And current there is no support for SID/STARS ...in their 430/530 .. correct?

If you are referring to the Mindstar 430/530 you do get SIDS and STARS when you subscribe for the Nav Data.

Dean

Correct, the SID/STARS are in the Navigraph data I purchase, but the xPlane 530/430 does not utilize them... Its not needed in my fleet of different GA airplanes. =) And no, I dont use either SIDs or STARS on Pilotedge (as I also dont in real life.)

Does anyone know how to locate this floating navdata?

Plus 1. =)

Edit: I did find this after some searching this morning.. Im not exactly sure what it means though:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451287-gtn-750-is-excellent-mini-review/?p=3074492

For the navdata you can get it from Garmin, or if you have a worldwide.bin file or AVTN_WW_DB.bin (one and the same)

I've contacted Garmin directly and they don't care which file you use, as long as it's in the simulator.

TJ

PM me for GTN/GNS update info

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi, TJ (and friends).  I'm sorry not to respond sooner.  Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the 750 for P3D.  Observations?  It's big, beautiful, and fun.  I have been using it as a pop-up in the upper right-hand part of my screen with my trusty Carenado Archer (have also undocked it and moved it to my second monitor).  In terms of update info, you can get by with a little help from your friends (see post above).  The 750 is just a blast to use. (starting to imagine what it would be like on touchscreen monitor : )

With that being said, I guess the choice of Mindstar versus Flight1 comes down to if you fly in real life and what you fly in real life.  I trust you will be much more likely to fly a plane in real life that is equipped with a couple of 430s or even a 530 (although our club plan had neither, but did have a LORAN : )  If I were still flying in real life, I would probably choose the Mindstar stuff with the RealNav subscription.  

However, now that my kids are bigger (and more expensive) it's looking less and less like I'll be flying for real again anytime soon.  So, for me, the GTN750 is a fun way for me to learn to fly IFR using the latest and greatest Garmin hardware and using more recent data than the Wright Brothers used : )  Okay, good luck with your decision. Happy flying (and happy new year).

However, now that my kids are bigger (and more expensive) it's looking less and less like I'll be flying for real again anytime soon.  So, for me, the GTN750 is a fun way for me to learn to fly IFR using the latest and greatest Garmin hardware and using more recent data than the Wright Brothers used : )  Okay, good luck with your decision. Happy flying (and happy new year).

Just FYI.

Good luck in the new year!

TJ

He's always got good advice.  I'll have to go over to the website and check it out : )   Regards.