Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

PMDG 777 Issues

Hello,

Yesterday, I purchased the PMDG 777 from the PMDG website. I took it for a spin and activated it, but two things were not right.

On the upper EICAS, there is a yellow message saying "LANDING ALTITUDE", and on the PFD, just above the altimeter display, it says LDG ALT in yellow. The other problem is on the exterior of the plane, as on the tail and APU, there seems to be lines hanging off with red triangles.

Can some body please help me fix this?

My name is David Chin and I purchased the product yesterday night, I am order #300376.

David,

The "triangles" you are seeing on the exterior model is the test flight package. You can disable it in the FMC menu. The landing altitude message is telling you that you need to set your landing altitude. Check the FCTM on how to set it properly. Hope this helps. It is not an issue with the aircraft.

David,

The "triangles" you are seeing on the exterior model is the test flight package. You can disable it in the FMC menu. The landing altitude message is telling you that you need to set your landing altitude. Check the FCTM on how to set it properly. Hope this helps. It is not an issue with the aircraft.

Thank you for the help Nicholas. 

I disabled it in the FMC menu and it worked :)

For the landing altitude...how should I go about setting it? What's the FCTM? Thanks!!

Hi,

Please add your fullname at the bottom of your post as per policy.

Regarding the landing altitude, most probably the message appears because you haven't selected a runway and an apporach for you destination airport. 

Have tried selecting at least a runway in the arrival page of the FMC?

The FCTM is the Flight crew training manual and is available in the documentation provided with the B777 along with the FCOM manuals V1 and V2 where you will find mostly everything you need to know to fly that beauty.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

Regarding the landing altitude, most probably the message appears because you haven't selected a runway and an apporach for you destination airport. 

The FCTM is the Flight crew training manual and is available in the documentation provided with the B777 along with the FCOM manuals V1 and V2 where you will find mostly everything you need to know to fly that beauty.

Hello,

My full name was already on the post :)

Yes, I got that all set up. Thank you so much! I'll be flying this 24/7 now.

Hi,

I have a new issue now :/

When I go to the approach page...it loads up the approach for my origin airport and origin runway.

Ex : I am flying JFK to MIA, and I took off of JFK's 4L. When I go to the approach ref page, I get the approach info for the ILS 4L at JFK, when I am supposed to be landing on the ILS 8R at MIA.

Yes that is normal along as your are near your departure airport to make easier selection of an approach in case of emergency where you would go back to your origin airport.

To get to the arrival airport, you have to press a second time on the arr/dep button as far as I remember (I'm not home to check currently)

And regarding the full name policy, each of your post must contain your full name (not only the first one). You can also set up a signature which will  avoid you to write your name each time.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Yes that is normal along as your are near your departure airport to make easier selection of an approach in case of emergency where you would go back to your origin airport.

To get to the arrival airport, you have to press a second time on the arr/dep button as far as I remember (I'm not home to check currently)

And regarding the full name policy, each of your post must contain your full name (not only the first one). You can also set up a signature which will  avoid you to write your name each time.

Oh ok, understood- thank you!

David Chin

Is this now the policy for all of Avsim or only for the PMDG support forum?

- Bill Magann

So far it is only the PMDG area as far as I am aware.  I think it should be mandatory everywhere at AVSIM IMO.

\Robert Hamlich/

That is in fact the way it was back in the day on CompuServe. It did keep people honest lol.

- Bill Magann

I took it for a spin and activated it, but two things were not right.

As noted by the others, these things are normal, and definitely "right." For some reason, the sim community seems to be very odd in this realm: they assume everything they don't expect is a bug. When it comes to learning complex aircraft like the 777, it's best to assume you don't know what's right and therefore learn the right way, instead of assuming you know what's right and that the simulation is wrong or buggy. There are a whole bunch of things that we called out as things that are likely to trip people up in the intro manual. I'd definitely recommend reading that and flying the tutorial.

More specifically:

The landing altitude warning appears because the plane doesn't know where you will be landing, which means that it doesn't know specifically how to adjust the pressurization. You can solve this by entering a landing field on the RTE page, or, as mentioned, you can also follow the instructions in the QRH/ECL.

The hanging things on the aircraft are part of the test package, which can be enabled/disabled by changing the options under PMDG SETUP> on the CDU.

Kyle Rodgers