Sign in to follow this  
Timberleaf

PMDG 777 - General Cold Weather Procedures

I have been preparing myself for the winter month flights as snow, sleet and slush become more common place with WINTER officially here. However, I am not familiar with cold weather procedures. I have looked for this in writing, including the PDF files that come with the 777. I have not found what I am looking for. Wherein I have simple cataract-eyes, and someone can easily point me in the right direction, please be kind.

What are the simple, yet proper, cold-weather procedures? Thanks.

If the outside temperature is below 10° C and if there's visible moisture in the air (fog, rain etc.) put the anti ice switches to ON, once airborne you can leave them on AUTO most of the time since the 777 is quite an automated aircraft and takes care of anti-ice by itself. 

in FCOM 1 there is a Supplemental Procedures Section within Supplemental Procedures there is a section titled Adverse Weather. Within the Adverse Weather section there is a sub section Cold Weather Operations.

Yes, start with FCOM1.

In addition to that, if you fly for an airline, then you have to do a yearly CBT refresher.

Ours takes 4hrs or so to complete (more if it is your first time).

There is so much (really interesting stuff) about winter ops.....too much for me to write here right now.

maybe you can google around a bit.

Also interesting are the apple/android Apps one can download these days that will decode snowtams or the runway condition report (if broadcasted) at the end of a METAR.

Rob Robson

Yes, start with FCOM1.

In addition to that, if you fly for an airline, then you have to do a yearly CBT refresher.

Ours takes 4hrs or so to complete (more if it is your first time).

There is so much (really interesting stuff) about winter ops.....too much for me to write here right now.

maybe you can google around a bit.

Also interesting are the apple/android Apps one can download these days that will decode snowtams or the runway condition report (if broadcasted) at the end of a METAR.

Hi. I have asked in another post regarding these apps. I saw a pilot with one once.

Kyle linked me to some usefull online Web sites but did also not know any app.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png