Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Removing FSX from same PC with P3Dv2.4 installed

Hi, community.

I'm using P3Dv2.4 from last November and had installed it on the same HD (same PC obviously) as FSX. Now, I'm thinking to completely remove my setup of FSX to save HD space. Does anyone help to share any experience on doing that?. I'm a little afraid I will loose some parts of my P3Dv2.4 setup (like FSX Simconnect, for example, etc.) with the risk of making my P3Dv2.4 unusable. I have the Estonian tool also installed.

Thanks,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed, 

I just did this myself, and I did not encounter any problems. First unlink the EMT (you do not need FSX installed for it to work when you relink), and then use standard Windows program removal. That's about it!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

There is a simconnect redist for FSX:A  in your P3D/redist folder folder should you need to re install it.

There is a simconnect redist for FSX:A  in your P3D/redist folder folder should you need to re install it.

Thanks Slayer. Do you refer to the SimConnect executable located inside the subfolder Interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib?.

Edward

Hi Ed, 

I just did this myself, and I did not encounter any problems. First unlink the EMT (you do not need FSX installed for it to work when you relink), and then use standard Windows program removal. That's about it!

Hi John, thanks

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks Slayer. Do you refer to the SimConnect executable located inside the subfolder Interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib?.

Edward

Hi John, thanks

Yep thats the one, you could install the other versions as well if you have an addons that were compiled against those versions too. They are all stand alone so you don't have to worry about if you installed an older version etc.

I've never needed the older versions for anything TBH though so I wouldn't install the others unless you really need it.

Actually, removing FSX does *not* remove the SimConnect utilities - they are separate installations and show up as such in the Control Panel -> Programs listing.

Ah: I see that Slayer beat me to it...   

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi Steve & John:

Thanks for your help. Very useful.

Best,

Edward

Cheers, Ed