Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAA_008

Payware .exe files

I was curious what everyone does with the payware exe file after you install the scenery or plane? Do you delete it or keep it?I have kept most of mine, but they are starting to take up space on the hard drive. I kind of want to delete them, but Im not sure that is a good idea incase I ever need to re install the stuff.

I don't have a burner to put them on CD's :-(I have kept most of the passwords and ID numbers for the payware products. Could I email the product developers, supply them with the password and ID numbers and get a new exe file from them if I ever need one?

I'd keep the files. Some developers will happily provide another file, some will really make it a hassle, and some will charge you a download fee for a second file. There isn't any single standard. But that raises the backup question. It's a matter of when, not if, the hard drive fails or some other disaster strikes that causes that drive to need a format. Better to look at a backup solution now (CD burners are really cheap and easy to install) than later.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest davidvoogd

I back mine up on DVD's and the Harddrive. Some payware companies have methods where you can always download the file again provided you have the registration info, others do not.

>I have kept most of the passwords and ID numbers for the payware products. Could I email the product developers, supply them with the password and ID numbers and get a new exe file from them if I ever need one?http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Thanks guys :-)This weekend Im going to ask my friend who built my computer, maybe I can burn stuff with the CD drive that I have. I never needed to burn anything so I never asked if it can be done.

Guest VAA_008

You should get a Cd burner, they are pretty cheap now and it is safer to have your exes on CD than your hardrive...