Sign in to follow this  
daniel.burke01

Navigraph 1413 v3 with PMDG 777

Hi All,

I have updated my FMS data with navigraph to the latest 1413 v3 revision. I use the Navigraph Update Data manager to install the files via "All PMDG Products".   I also have a KFLL airport add-on (Freeware from Ray Smith via avsim.com) installed which includes the new 10R/28L runway.  With my PMDG 737 the FMC has no problem with loading departure/arrival information for KFLL.  However with my PMDG 777, if I choose KFLL as the departure airport, I get a message in the scratch pad telling me: "KFLL ERR: 10R RWY N/A".   Now, I know that the nav data must be ok as it loads fine with my PMDG 737.  Is there some disconnect between my add-on airport Nav Data and PMDG 777 that can be fixed here? I am kind of at a loss for what to do....

Thanks,

-Dan Burke-

Dan, I've looked at both kfll.txt and wpnavapt.txt navdata files and they look fine so I loaded my 77L at KIAH and entered KFLL as destination no problem. Also I could select ILS10R at KFLL no problem.

Can you reproduce your problem? For example, quite FSX and restart and load the 777 from default free flight and test again.

Dan Downs KCRP

and entered KFLL as destination no problem.

FWIW, he was selecting it as a dep field. Not sure it would cause an issue, but it might.

Kyle Rodgers

Nope, just ruled that out.

Dan Downs KCRP

A shot in the dark: Run makerunways, maybe somehow

However with my PMDG 777, if I choose KFLL as the departure airport, I get a message in the scratch pad telling me: "KFLL ERR: 10R RWY N/A"

Hi, Dan,

Are you seeing runway 10R as an option in the Departure screen on the CDU?  If so, is clicking there giving the error message?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

All,

As I stated earlier, it works fine with my PMDG 737.  So I then closed FSX, reopened and loaded my 777 at the gate.  Same issue. The same error occurs every time. I open the route page to input my departure and destination.  As soon as I input the departure as KFLL, I get the error in the scratch pad.  Then, if I go to the Departure/Arrival page, there is not any departure information for KFLL.  None of the runways or SIDS are showing. 

Downscc:  Are you also using the 1413 v3 of navigraph and Ray Smiths updated KFLL scenery?  if you aren't using the same material, then the results might differ.

I would expect nothing to be wrong with the navigraph information or Ray Smiths scenery file as I said, my PMDG 737 works just fine at the same airport with the same add-ons and AIRAC Cycle.

-Dan Burke-

Downscc:  Are you also using the 1413 v3 of navigraph and Ray Smiths updated KFLL scenery?  if you aren't using the same material, then the results might differ.

Not entirely true. Your scenery doesn't have any sort of bearing on this at all. You could make an airport BGL with 42 runways out in the Plains States and the aircraft wouldn't have a clue it was there until you added the nav data for it.

It's up to the user to ensure their simulator matches the nav data. Fly into ORD next time and let me know what runway you land on and what runway you selected in the FMS. Chances are, unless you've updated your BGLs recently, you landed on Runway 28 in the sim, but selected 28R on the DEP/ARR page.

Kind of a stretch, but do you have a route file in the 777 folder from KFLL with the runway pre-selected?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you run makerwys after installing the new airport?  If not, that's probably the problem.

DJ

Did you run makerwys after installing the new airport? If not, that's probably the problem.

I was thinking of this too, but doesn't Makernwys only  affect RAAS, and is it possible that missing data in RAAS would show up on the FMC?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have never heard of Makerwys before....I have never used that before.  This is the first time i have had this issue and it seems to ONLY have an issue with the 777.  I just took out the files from my add-on scenery folder to return to the FSX default KFLL and I am still having the issue.  Again, nothing shows up in the arrivals or departures page.  This is with AIRAC 1413 v. 3.  It didn't seem to be an issue with the prior AIRAC cycle for PMDG products. Tomorrow a new cycle should be released, so I guess I'll just wait until then. What is the Makerwys you speak of?

-dan burke-

What is the Makerwys you speak of?

It's a tool created by Peter Dowson to update the R4V.csv. It will not help your issue, though. It would only update the RAAS callouts.

I just took out the files from my add-on scenery folder to return to the FSX default KFLL and I am still having the issue.

I mentioned earlier that your scenery has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

Please read the posts people put up here. It helps all of us avoid wasting time - me for having written it and having it ignored, and you for doing things that are completely unnecessary (pulling stuff out of your add-on scenery folder).

Kyle Rodgers

I have never heard of Makerwys before....I have never used that before.

It's by Peter Dowson of FSUIPC fame, available free on his web site.  It creates databases for several addons including the RAAS that comes w/ the PMDG 777.  So if you don't run it you might not hear "OMG you're about to enter an active runway -- we're all gonna die!" (or words to that effect) but AFAIK it does not at all affect any data for the PMDG aircraft.

Mike

I mentioned earlier that your scenery has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

Kyle,

Would it make sense for Dan to delete FSX/PMDG/Navdata/ARPT_RWY.dat?  Isn't this a cache file used by the FMC?  (However I don't know if it is shared w/ the NGX).

Dan,

Don't try this until Kyle replies!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Would it make sense for Dan to delete FSX/PMDG/Navdata/ARPT_RWY.dat?  Isn't this a cache file used by the FMC?  (However I don't know if it is shared w/ the NGX).

I just looked through our support system and confirmed that it would be harmless to delete.

From a previous ticket addressed by Ryan (related to the same error message):

The ARPT_RWY.dat file is automatically created by the airplane, it's not part of the navdata and shouldn't be manually edited. Delete it and it'll generate a new one on the next load.

What this message means is that there's a mismatch between the route file you loaded and what's in the navdata. 

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle for your reply, but I didn't really apprecaite your tone.  I am the one with the issue here and I will be the judge of whether or not I am wasting my time.  Every option is still an option until the option is exhausted through some sort of trial and error.  While I appreciate your knowledge, it certainly wasn't in vain for me to pull the add-on. It takes 2 seconds to pull 2 Bgl files out of the add-on folder.  To reply to your post from earlier...I did have a route in my 777 route from KFLL, but the runway was not specificed in the plan.  It was actually though this route I discovered the issue several days ago.

I will try deleting the above mentioned file and report back... thank you,

-Dan Burke-

The issue is resolved! Thank you Mike777 for the information about deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file and thank you Kyle for confirming this!

Much Appreciated for everyone's assistance!

-Dan Burke-

The issue is resolved!

Glad to be of help!  Really a lucky guess, as I don't understand why this file would get corrupted.  I just installed Ray Smith's KFLL (not previously installed), loaded a T7 (SP1C) and had no problem w/ KFLL R10R.  The Airprt_RWY.dat file did not rebuild on its own either (dated 12/17/14).

Here is what the entry looks like.  It appears to show both the runways as in the recent Airac (I'm using 1411) and as in FSX:

AP;KFLL;FT LAUDERDALE-HOLLYWOOD ;26.071667;-80.149694;6

RW;10L;26.076942;-80.164783;6;11010;096;096;9000

RW;10R;26.065886;-80.158350;10;11175;096;096;8000

RW;28L;26.065742;-80.133983;65;11175;276;276;8000

RW;28R;26.076803;-80.140969;5;11070;276;276;9000

FS;09L;26.076948;-80.166565;9;11010;095;095;8994

FS;09R;26.065968;-80.160309;9;10850;095;095;5272

FS;13;26.078901;-80.160400;9;10935;141;141;6938

FS;27L;26.065868;-80.144211;9;0;275;275;5272

FS;27R;26.076792;-80.139099;9;11070;275;275;8994

FS;31;26.065336;-80.145538;9;0;321;321;6938

So maybe if your file was generated before the new runways were established at KFLL (and showed up in the first Airac after that) you might get this error?  Kyle, do you have any idea what triggers a rebuild of the Airprt_RWY.dat file?

Mike

PS: As recently as 1/31/14 there was a 10L but no 10R (I have a couple of backups of Airprt_RWY.dat).

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2