Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Looking for good helicopters

Hello all, I just recently jumped into the Bell that comes with FS9. After flying AC for so long I was curious. Now I'm hooked on this too!! (My wife will not see me out of my studio for another 6 months!) I am looking for an excellent freeware or payware version, but since Helis are new to me, I don't know what is considered top quality. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks! Best regards, Jeff (Moss1)

Owen's recent Bell is the best copter I've ever flown for MSFS, hands down. For me at least, it's also the easiest to hover of any I've flown. As already posted, hovercontrol is THE place for copters. Aside from Owen's Bell, there's many more. I am still hoping someone will model a Rotorway 162. Owen, if they give you any time off at Dreamfleet, will you give it a try? :)-John

Thanks guys for your input. I never knew how much helicopters bring to FS9. I am going to DL Bill's 206. I am also considering the SEAHAWK & BOXER Amphibious from Aerosoft. That looks amazing. However, I only run a AMD2800 (2.1ghz) Nvidia6800gt and they recommend a 3 ghz. Have you seen the Seahawk? I wonder if it will run on my machine. Best regards,Jeff

The seahawk will probably run on your rig, but the boxer will be a slideshow. You can bemove (rename) some of the BGLs that make up the boxer to remove certain parts to make it work. I have flown every heli for FS9 and the seahawk has the most incredible VC. I also reccommend Owen's jetranger, a work of art!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

hello,I'm new to helo's. I used the defaults and downloaded the new Bell. All were fine for my start-up. I'm still a real newbie here but I recently purchased three payware helo's that I really love - The Aerosoft Silorsky "hawk" and both the MI-2 and the MI-17 built by Nemeth.They all require a lot of button pushing to start up and they are all very challenging for me. Since the weakest part of my sim flying with the helo's is landing, I still practice a lot with the "bells". The "hawk" has auto-hover" and is a lot easier to takeoff and land. Landing is still a real challenge - I can do it but NOT WHERE I WANT TO PUT IT DOWN!!!!!I recently bought a new Saitek X52 joystick/throttle for the helo's. It has helped me a lot with "two handed" control.At this time in my Sim Flying I am really challenged by the helo's. Happt flying,Ron SagelNear KCHS