Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

FMS buttons stopped working

JS41 >>

Had an issue with the FMS >> about half way through the flight all of the push buttons

stopped working. The FMS continued to appear to be functioning but there was no way to

communicate with it.

Also during the flight, the DME stopped indicating while still well within range.

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Can you reproduce the problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

This has happened twice before, but did not happen during tonight's flight. It happens very infrequently;

just looking for an idea of what may be the cause. Perhaps has something to do with the way the flight

is loaded. Tonight I tried to be extra careful by first loading a Cessna from the "create a flight" screen

and then loading the JS41 tutorial flight. After the tutorial flight finished loading I moved the AC to

my departure airport location (YBCS). Then I had a non-problematic flight to YBAS.

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

You shouldn't have to go through all that, you should be able to simply have a FSX default aircraft set as the FSX default (I use the Trike), and when then from Free Flight select the JS41 and location, or load a saved JS41 flight.  Your problem could be the a saved flight but I doubt it from the description (you were enroute).  Both DME and FMS keyboard hang at same time is really odd and I was hoping you could determine the events that preceded. If it persists and you cannot isolate the cause then please do open a trouble ticket at PMDG; however, they will also ask how to reproduce the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the tips Dan. Since I've started loading up my JS41 flights from the FSX "Create a Flight"

screen the problem hasn't occurred. I no longer use saved flights for the JS41.

Ken

Ken Boardman