Sign in to follow this  
Barnes

Problems Installing SP1d version of 777-300 Expansion into FSX-MS

Hi Guys,

First of all, I should mention that I have not yet installed FSX-SE, and am only (re)installing the PMDG777 in FSX-MS (original version). I know that in my situation, it was not necessary to update, but you know...

I have downloaded the new SP1d full installers for the 777-200LRF Base package and the 777-300LR Expansion. I have also uninstalled the older versions of the 777.

The 777-200LRF base package installs without a problem, but the 777-300ER package will not.

The installer allows me to select the version I am installing to, in this case "FSX Version - Original Microsoft Distribution" but when I select install I get a message that says "PMDG777-200LRF Base Package does not appear to be installed for one of the sims you selected" and the installer shuts down.

I have fired up FSX to confirm that the 777-200LRF has actually installed without any issues, and it's there in all it's glory.

Is anybody else seeing the same problem with installation of the 777-300ER expansion into FSX-MS?

Thanks

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I had this problem too, in the option for choosing the simulator, haveing both boxes ticked in the installer allowed the installation of the 777-300. I only have FSX:SE on my pc, but i had to check the box in the installer for FSX:MS and SE for it to install.

Hope this helps

Glen

I had this problem too, in the option for choosing the simulator, haveing both boxes ticked in the installer allowed the installation of the 777-300.

Glen - You are the man!!!

It worked.

Thanks,

Dave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Downloaded and installed without deleting/uninstalling SP1c and just installed over the top. Verified in the OC, SP1d confirmed. All working as per normal. No issues here in FSX. Don't have SE nor do I envisage getting it.

Downloaded and installed without deleting/uninstalling SP1c and just installed over the top. Verified in the OC, SP1d confirmed. All working as per normal. No issues here in FSX. Don't have SE nor do I envisage getting it.

The only difference I see between your situation and mine is that I uninstalled the old 777's first - perhaps that has something to do with it...

I'm going to give FSX-SE a shot next time I clean up my system - see what the hype is all about.

David Webster

I had to edit the registry key for FSX:SE to install the 777-200base, it could'nt find the fsx registry....Had to rename it to Flight Simulator, Changed from Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

Glen

hI

I have the same problem too but I have fsx se and fsxms. I cant install the -300 too I did what glen says but it doenst worked out for me.  

Salim said