Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Often missing the right channel in my earphones, despite having HS pressed

Hi Everyone:

I am going crazy here.  I am trying to use FS2Crew NGX Button version.  Until recently, I could always play all the audio through my headset, but now, much of the expected dialogue only plays when I have my speakers on.  I have tried it with the Headset (HS) button on, and off as well.  I have 4 audio choices in the CFG panel to choose from, and I have tried all 4 of those - and I am still getting mixed results.  My sound card is an M Audio Delta AP192 sound-card.  My 4 choices in the CFG panel (and also on the PMDG 737 sound options menu) are as follows:

"Line 1/2 (3 M Audio Delta AP 192)"

"Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)"

"Realtek Digital Output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

"SPDIF (3M Audio Delta AP 192)

I have tried each of these 4 options, and I have tried them with the HS button on the FS2Crew panel pressed and un-pressed.  I am still getting some of the dialogue to play in the right channel, and other times it will not play in the right channel.  The earphones are perfectly fine for everything else I use them for, and the sound always plays in both channels whenever my speaker are on.  I never used to have this problem.  Anyone know what could be the issue?

Thank you!

Chris Catalano

Hi Bryan:

Thanks for the quick response as always.  I am a professional musician, and it seems that my soundcard actually has TWO 1/4 outputs for monitoring (earphones in this case) - a left channel AND a right channel output (unusual, I know).  So I now realize that I have to run separate 1/4 inch lines out of each output, run each through a Y cable that will merge them, and then send them to my headhones.  A little cumbersome, but I can do it.

Thanks for the response.  I love the product!

Cheers,

Chris Catalano