Sign in to follow this  
regis9

King Air 350i - GTN750?

Hello, i'm just wondering if there are plans to integrate the GTN750 into the King Air, or would it be redundant given that it has a FMC?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The KingAir 350i comes with a Pro line 21 set of avionics so I think the GTN750 would be redundant...

The Proline 21 features a FMS as seen in this brochure from Rockwell Collins:

http://www.rockwellcollins.com/~/media/Files/Unsecure/Marketing%20Bulletins%20Rev1/BRS/MBLPV%20FMS%20Upgrade%20King%20Air%20BRS110125.aspx

Therefore putting a Garmin GPS in it would be defeating the entire purpose of having a Proline 21 in the first place. 

EDIT: My apologies if that sounds way more sarcastic than it is meant to be. 

Just a little tidbit to get you even more excited, here is a gentleman who has actual experience flying the Proline 21. Apparently the depth of this simulation is very realistic. 

Just a plug for Milviz's quality, I had a 150 hours in the airplane and probably another 200 hours in the sim flying with the Proline 21 system and they nailed both the feel look a feel of it in the cockpit, its a challenging system to take on and it looks great. So if you're looking for as real as it gets its hard to argue with the work Milviz is putting forward.

-Matt Chase

USCG HC-130H Pilot