Sign in to follow this  
markturner

Been away, advice on which version to use

Hi all, I have been away from simming for over a year now due to building work being carried on the house and my PC room being demolished. Next month, my new study will be finished and I am treating myself to a new beast of a PC and will get all my kit out of the boxes where it has been gathering dust.....

So my question is, assuming I have a really powerful PC and graphics card, which version of FSX should I use? ( Prepar3d, steam version or my old boxed set) 

I have a huge amount of photosecenery, which I want to be able to use and also like to fly the Superbug and mostly military or light aircraft such as the Duke etc.

I want the smoothest, best looking flight sim experiance I can get. What should I install? Or maybe 2 versions - prepar3D & FSXSE for example.

What addons are compatible with Prepar3D? 

Thanks for the advice, Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You will be able to use the same photoscenery that you use for fsx, fsx-se, or P3D.  I do not have fsx-se but I understand it is a bit smoother than FSX/P3D but then we all thought FSX and P3D were great when we first installed them.  PMDG has an installer for installing PMDG products into FSX-SE and they are getting close to releasing a version for P3D.  The RealAir installer for P3D and FSX-SE is not ready yet but that is close to happening too.  FSX-SE is super cheap so worthwhile to at least try it out.  I haven't as I just have too many other things going on. 

To find out what addons are compatible with P3D, please go to the P3D Forum where all of the addon products are discussed.

Best regards,