Sign in to follow this  
ac4

A small question about bojote's tweak

Hello everyone I have a small about bojote's tweaker.

The question is [What type of video card do you have?] 

Choices :    a:  gtx 400 (low-end)

b: gtx 480 or better 

I have nvidia    gtx 750 ti ftw    

My card is worse than gtx 480 (someone said that)

but I dont think that my card low end 

which choice should I choose?

Thanks very much 

Berke 

Berke Karakın 

from Turkey

These tweaks are somewhat outdated now and there are better options out there.  You should look at the Avsim configuration guide.  There is a link near the top of the column on the right hand side of this screen..

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

hich choice should I choose?

Of course, GTX480 or better. It's strange the program doesn't know or cannot detect your video card. It supposedly detects other parameters.

I also agree fully with MarkW. The tweaks might have been good for older systems, but newer, Sandy Bridge or later systems do not need them. Bojote came up with those tweaks a long time ago to help us get the most out of our older systems that were having issues just getting into the 20 fps areas. I never used them so I have no first hand knowledge of the success or non-success of the tweaks. I can say that we had a lot of CTD's and freezes back then and the first solution we asked everyone to use - rename or delete your fsx.cfg and let it rebuild - worked many times. No record that Bojote tweaks were in use and the individuals may have installed tweaks with the wrong parameters. Still, if you have anomalies or freezes or CTD's with the tweaks installed, your first attempt to find a solution should be to rebuild your fsx.cfg.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I used the Bojote tweaks and they do help old computers like mine (Core2Quad Q9650).  But, such tweaks gain little or nothing with the newer computers.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

stans / firehawk44/Markw  thank you very much

I read everything in the guide (and understood although I have a bad english  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: ) and implemented and I had more fps increase than bojote's guide 

thanks again

Berke Karakın 

from Turkey