Sign in to follow this  
CaptBmckay

PMDG 777 failed initailization after loading Saved Flight

Greeting Captains,

PMdG 777 is by far one of my favorite addons. I am however having an interesting issue with loading the aircraft up after a saved flight. Most of the time I am able to save a flight, close fsx and load the flight up again after relaunching fsx. Here recently I have on 2 seperate flights loaded a saved flight and the plane had black gauges and the green initalization band did not appear. Any Ideas how to fix that? I tried the save feature again on a new flighht and it worked fine. I am totally stumped.

Brandon McKay

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

PMdG 777 is by far one of my favorite addons. I am however having an interesting issue with loading the aircraft up after a saved flight. Most of the time I am able to save a flight, close fsx and load the flight up again after relaunching fsx. Here recently I have on 2 seperate flights loaded a saved flight and the plane had black gauges and the green initalization band did not appear. Any Ideas how to fix that? I tried the save feature again on a new flighht and it worked fine. I am totally stumped.

Hi, Brandon,

With this issue it can mean there is a permissions issue with writing, when FSX is in a programs folder.  But I don't know why it would happen sometimes and not others.

Take a look in ...FSX/PMDG/PMDG 777X/panelstates and see if there are three files with the same name as the saved flight ending in 0.rte, rte.fmc, and rte.sav.   These provide the panel state that should reload with the saved flight of the same name.  If they are missing or don't have "rte" in them, that will be a clue.  If they are there but are not loading for some reason, you can load that panel state manually using "Load Panel State."

Also, if your FSX is in one of the Windows program folders, make sure it is set to run as administrator.

Finally, did you use the FSX save function or save in some other way?

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike thanks for your response. I use the FSX save flight function from the menus

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I use the FSX save flight function from the menus

That certainly should work.  Do you see the panel state files in the ...PMDG 777x/panelstates folder?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I will check I am at work right now. Also why do you think it would fail to initialize. The plane physically is where it was when I saved it. The problem is the gauges do not come back to life and the green countdown bar is not present when this issue occurs

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

The plane physically is where it was when I saved it. The problem is the gauges do not come back to life and the green countdown bar is not present when this issue occurs

Most likely missing panel state as I explained above.  If the panel state files do not have "FLT" in them they also will not load. 

Another possibility: starting a PMDG 777 saved flight directly, instead of first opening FSX and seeing the default trike/ultralite in the opening window, might do it.

If the issue keeps recurring and if your FSX is installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86), you might want to consider reinstalling FSX outside of these folders. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I didnt launch straight into the pmdg flight. FSX loads as normal with the red trike. From that point I click load and select my pmdg 777 saved flight

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I didnt launch straight into the pmdg flight. FSX loads as normal with the red trike. From that point I click load and select my pmdg 777 saved flight

Good, that's one issue eliminated!

You need to see if the panel state files exist. 

FSX's save function does save them, but I believe that problems can arise if FSX is installed in a programs folder.  Programs in those folders need special write permissions, and the panel states are saved in a subfolder of FSX which is in turn installed by default as a subfolder of Programs (x86).   My FSX is installed outside of a programs folder and I don't have these write issues.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

gotcha, I will look . So the files are will prefix with the name of my save file?

sorry for my typo. So the files I am looking for in the pmdg folder will prefix with the name of my save file?

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

So the files are will prefix with the name of my save file?

Yes, they start w/ the exact same name as the saved flight, and end in rte.0, (sometimes an additional file ending in rte.1), FLT.fmc and FLT.sav.  BTW Autosave that comes w/ FSUIPC also does this correctly, but FS-Recorder does not.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

ok gotcha, So Ill make sure to check that before i close fsx. If i dont see those extensions Ill just save it again. Weird thing is I havent had this problem until recently

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

If i dont see those extensions Ill just save it again.

Just to be on the safe side, even if the files are saved you might want to copy them to someplace outside of Programs and outside of FSX.  You can copy them back if they go missing.  Seems to me I read somewhere that files in "Programs" can be written, but then are deleted when the program is closed.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

ok i saw all of the listed files in the folder and it didnt initialize when I loaded the save flight. Maybe there is a corruption somewhere. I uninstalled the program and will test again

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay