Sign in to follow this  
CaptBmckay

PMDG 777 failed initailization after loading Saved Flight

I didnt launch straight into the pmdg flight. FSX loads as normal with the red trike. From that point I click load and select my pmdg 777 saved flight

If the flight you load does not intialize the most common problem is that there is something wrong with the saved flight.

You should be able to start Free Flight, pick the PMDG 77X and Fly Now... load the default start on runway with engines running. Does that initialize?

If yes, the problem is definitely the saved flight.  I reread your first post and in fact you can load other saved flights, just not one in particular... and you want to know why?  That is going to be really hard to answer.  I am getting the feeling that this is a red herring.

Dan Downs KCRP

the problem is I started a different flight and saved it. I attempted to reload and the same issue occurred. I definitely believe its a corrupted save flight some where. I deleted all of the save flights but I wonder if there is another location where the save flights are also written so i can delete the files there also

also Yes The 777 initializes normally its only when I load a saves flight

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

the problem is I started a different flight and saved it. I attempted to reload and the same issue occurred. I definitely believe its a corrupted save flight some where. I deleted all of the save flights but I wonder if there is another location where the save flights are also written so i can delete the files there also
also Yes The 777 initializes normally its only when I load a saves flight

Hi again, Brandon,

First of all, I mis-wrote in my first post.  For a panel state to reload when you reload a saved flight, there will usually be three files in ...PMDG/PMDG 777X/panelstates  w/ "FLT" in them - "rte" is only in one of them (there are also several files in ... documents/fsx). 

[sAVED-FILE-NAME].FLT.0.rte
[sAVED-FILE-NAME].FLT.fmc
[sAVED-FILE-NAME].FLT.sav

If they don't have "FLT" in them they may still make up a saved panel state that you can reload manually, but they won't load, even w/ a saved flight w/ the same name.

Second, AFAIK, if you remove all the saved situation files in .../documents/fsx and in PMDG ... /panelstates , that's all you need to do.

OK, a couple more questions:

1)  Do you have any panel states left over from before SP1?  (If you did not purchase until after SP1 came out you should not have a problem.  I believe the SP1 release date was around July 18, 2014.)  Old panel states are known to cause problems.

2) Are you in the habit of finishing a flight, saving that flight, and then starting up w/ that  same saved flight the next time you start FSX?  This is known to produce corrupted panel states over time.  It's much better to start with a new setup when you start a new flight in FSX.

3)  You never said whether FSX is installed in programs or programs (x86).  These problems might very well go away if you reinstall FSX outside of a programs folder.  But first think about the first two questions.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

odd thing is Mike, I didnt have this problem until this week. Ive been saving flights for a year. Ive been using the same save name over and over rewriting it. I just tested it. I was climbing out and I decided to save it and what so you know, it loaded with the green countdown. Yes it is installed in the x86 program files. The only thing that is different is the addition of active sky next. I just set fsx to run as admin. I actually never did that

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

Ive been saving flights for a year. Ive been using the same save name over and over rewriting it.

That shouldn't cause a problem as long as you are not restarting your next new flight from the saved flight. 

The only thing that is different is the addition of active sky next. I just set fsx to run as admin. I actually never did that

I am guessing that somehow it was set to Run As Administrator and got unset.  ASN almost certainly has nothing to do with it.

Hope it will work OK from now on!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

problem came back when I saved the flight 4 hours in. When I tried to load it, it did it again. I am really stumped

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

problem came back when I saved the flight 4 hours in. When I tried to load it, it did it again. I am really stumped

Tell us more... how did you start the flight that you saved after 4 hours?  Was it a saved flight that you loaded or did you start from default?

Dan Downs KCRP

What I do is, I save my flight 200 miles before TOD to prevent ooms. This is my normal practice. I close fsx after saving and i relaunch it again. It loads up with the trike as normal. I then click load and select my flight. The flight loads and after it loads there is no countdown and the plane is slowly falling with all displays dark. Heres the interesting thing. All was well before I installed ase next

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

What I do is, I save my flight 200 miles before TOD to prevent ooms. This is my normal practice. I close fsx after saving and i relaunch it again. It loads up with the trike as normal. I then click load and select my flight. The flight loads and after it loads there is no countdown and the plane is slowly falling with all displays dark. Heres the interesting thing. All was well before I installed ase next

Hi, Brandon,

Please answer Dan's question about whether you began the flight that you later saved with a default flight or a saved flight.  It is important.

Can you load the panel state manually?  When you load the flight, go into slew mode and unpause. Use the function available in the CDU to "Load Panel State."  See if you can find the panel state w/ the same name as your saved flight and load it.  If the CDU screen is dark, click and hold on the menu button until it lights up.  Let us know if that works.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

no it is not a default flight. The default flight is the red trike. My flight specifically is a saved flight I have to manually load

no i cannot load the cdu. I hold the cdu menu button and nothing happens. It just slowly falls down to the earth. There is nothing I can do to bring it power

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

no it is not a default flight. The default flight is the red trike. My flight specifically is a saved flight I have to manually load

That isn't what we're asking.  We are asking how you set up your original flight that you later saved 200 mi before TOD.  For example, if you are flying Chicago KORD to KSFO and then saving 200 mi before TOD to SFO, how are you setting up at KORD?  Are you starting with one of the PMDG default startup states or are you starting up at KORD by loading a previously saved flight (one where you landed at KORD)?

You can also put the sim in slew mode by typing Y.  That way you have some time to experiment w/out the aircraft falling down.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

oh, I set it up as a new flight from the trike. I select the plane and i select the airport and gate. All my flights begin fresh from the standard fsx load up

oh, I set it up as a new flight from the trike. I select the plane and i select the airport and gate. All my flights begin fresh from the standard fsx load up

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

Ok, then check if somehow FSX is still set to Run As Administrator (again).  If it is, you should file a support ticket w/ PMDG. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike you have been awesome. Dan you as well. I just did a test flight without active sky and what do you know. The save flight loaded

i wonder if Active sky needs to be ran as administrator also. Hmm I knew i was able to save and reload before I added active sky

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I use ASN on every flight, and have loaded flights before TOD just as you but never had a problem with initialization.  Maybe your ASN connect needs repaired?  Run C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\ASNext_FSX\ASConnect_FSX_Install.exe and see if that helps.. shouldn't hurt.

Dan Downs KCRP