Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bill10

No LNAV with Garrett Smith FMC

I load a flight plan, calculate VNAV and once airborne ACTIVATE and EXECUTE. The FMC turns on the ALT and SPD autopilot but DOES NOT follow the flight plan route. Once executed the HEADING function is NOT turned on by the FMC. The FMC follows the ALT and SPD assignments correctly on the flight plan. 

Direct to a fix will not work either.  

All you FMC guru's any idea?

Windows 7

FS9

Aircraft is the TDS 787 with a panel in which the FMC gauge was included.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

NAV/GPS set to GPS?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

My rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.8-4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD+256 GB 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage, Windows 10 Home)

Saitek X-52 as primary controller. Xbox 360 wired and eDimensional G-Pad Pro wired controllers as standby/travel.

Finally moved to P3D4.5. Also running FSX-SE, FS9 and XP11 Vulkan. Tried MSFS2020, but my rig isn't up to the task. What do I do with 4 sims now?

Luis thanks for the quick answer and I thought well of course that's it. I tried it but i still CANNOT get the FMC to provide heading/flight plan guidance.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Once executed the HEADING function is NOT turned on by the FMC

Garrett's FMC is a front-end for the default FSX GPS, so NAV (not heading) needs to be engaged.  Isn't there an LNAV button on the MCP?

The FMC engages the VNAV mode directly (that's the ALT and SPD) because it's designed for the default aircraft that don't have a VNAV button, but LNAV has to be engaged separately.

Izamm,

That was it! ...THANKS a bunch.

I was looking for the FMC to take over the HEADING function of the autopilot to follow the route. When it didn't I kept focusing on that problem.  In all these years I've never used the default GPS (I use FSNAV which does turn on the heading autopilot function) so I was not familiar with the NAV function.

Thanks again !!

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now