Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolRayz

P3D F22 and PrecipitFX

Not sure if this was covered before but why is this happening? Running latest version of P3Dv2. If I uninstall Pfx this problem go's away. I should add that this seems to happen only on the F22

2015-2-2_21-7-8-574.jpg

MUUV7Ax.png?1

Not sure if this was covered before but why is this happening? Running latest version of P3Dv2. If I uninstall Pfx this problem go's away. I should add that this seems to happen only on the F22

We've seen this problem since P3D v2.0. It has been reported many times to the team at Lockheed via their forums.

This is not a PrecipitFX generated issue. It's only more noticeable with our vortices because they move with the wind and are in 3D.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Is there any way to disable Pfx with this particular aircraft only?

MUUV7Ax.png?1

Is there any way to disable Pfx with this particular aircraft only?

you can disable wingtip altogether by adding:

vaportrail_l=fx_dummy
vaportrail_r=fx_dummy
to the [EFFECTS] section of the aircraft.cfg

This is the only solution for now.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yeah that didn't work, still there. Shot in the dark here, but this effect seems to be coming from  the front landing gear, and not the wing tips. Maybe another effect to disable?

MUUV7Ax.png?1

Turn the landing lights off. That fixed it for me.

Derek Rogers
PC Specs: Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz : 16GB RAM : GTX 970 4GB

Now that's an unexpected fix!

Thanks for sharing!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Well yes that certainly solves that problem! Thanks for this! Still quite odd what is happening there.

MUUV7Ax.png?1

Now that's an unexpected fix!

Thanks for sharing!

Well yes that certainly solves that problem! Thanks for this! Still quite odd what is happening there.

Glad it fixed it for you guys.

Keven,

I haven't dug into the aircraft.cfg, but I think you were going in the right direction. I wonder if it's a bad light assignment that is causing this in the aircraft.cfg file.

Derek Rogers
PC Specs: Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz : 16GB RAM : GTX 970 4GB

Glad it fixed it for you guys.

Keven,

I haven't dug into the aircraft.cfg, but I think you were going in the right direction. I wonder if it's a bad light assignment that is causing this in the aircraft.cfg file.

They might be using a technique similar to ours for 777 Immersion. Sometimes bugs aren't apearant enough like in this case where the problem cannot be seen with default effects.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now