Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

Thanks I'll look into it. I believe I followed the POH for the most part but certainly could have screwed some of the order up!

Yep Bert's mods are included, don't need to do anything else for that.

Although I have provided the air temp fix separately that will be included with the next revision of the overall mod, along with a revised Checklist.

No worries Craig, hope you've enjoyed the mods.

Really excited for this patch, I've fixed the Tapes and Eights test display with the EIS test. It's not perfect, but at least you get more than just the Store and Chip lights coming on.

Something small and inconsequential but I like it much better!

v1.2 Released

Changelog:

• Text size for cabin temp display increased
  • 'Tapes and Eights' test display fixed for EIS test button

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhazZBU0oyNkxlVDg/view?usp=sharing

I've fixed the Tapes and Eights test display

That is fantastic!   The day I bought this add-on, there were two things I was really hoping would be functional;  one was that the torque limiter would correctly limit max torque to 44lbs (which to be fair it does) and the other was that 'tapes and eights' test would work (which it didn't; at all!).

This is a fantastic addition that further adds so much realism over and above the 'stock release' by Carenado.

Thanks,

A fix for the night lighting would be good. The orange dome light looks bad especially when you can tell it's just a photo with the flash reflection still in it. And the reflection of the flash on the aoa indicator.

I will have a look at the night lighting but as I said it's more than likely baked into the gmax model and thus not adjustable.

What I can do is recolour it, or attempt to anyway.

In other news I've figured out a way to show the N# registration in the virtual cockpit but can't for the life of me figure out how to display it on the EADI. So it sits at the top of the EIS for now. Also can't seem to get it to stop being so bright at night. Need to keep tinkering and thinking. Just can't figure out the coordinates above the EADI so I suspect it simply isn't a location you can put the gauge.

Might just have to put individual textures, but that is also cumbersome.

Suggestions:

in the Gauge_KAS297VC.xml file edit the ALT_ARM_SEL_ON section and change from 1 to 0 the BUFFER_PC12_Alt for 0 indicated altitude feet, so the altitude warning sound does not play when reaching the assigned altitude. This sound should only play at the 950 1000 mark.

When turning off the inertial separator, can it be changed so the throttle does not default to 100%

Also a suggestion to change the engine gauge time setting from local to zulu time.

The brakes need to be stronger now that the engine settings are tweaked, I cannot hold the brakes and do an engine runup anymore.

You mentioned being able to add the registration to the cockpit. Can you do this for LX-JFK? And PMDG uses a texture file where the registration is only on the alpha texture, maybe that will fix the problem you had of it being too bright during night.

• Upvote 1

And I cant put my finger on it but it does not handle that great anymore. Especially in a turn. Really difficult to fly now and land with the mod. Does not turn smoothly or fly well in a crosswind.

I haven't adjusted the flight model other than the following:

2 knots slower in cruise

You don't need to throttle up as much as you gain altitude.

I haven't adjusted turn rates or gross weight or anything to affect the crosswind or stability - you can try flying it without any mods by temporarily deleting or moving all the files but it is possibly just a circumstance of that specific flight.

The engine gauge time I can change but I haven't noticed it bug out as it currently is displayed. I can change but need to see what if any effects it has.

Brakes are an easy tweak (there's a brake scalar in the aircraft.cfg), but I don't think they're supposed to be really strong?

Are you saying you can't hold her from moving with full brakes When running up? From what I remember it should keep you from moving at the current 0.7 scalar.

Engine gauge alt warning I can tweak, that's no worries.

I'm on vacation for a few more days so I'll do the changes mid to late next week :)

v1.3 Released!

Changes include:

• brake strength marginally increased
  • Corrections to autopilot altitude chime when set altitude reached
  • Corrections to gauges to zulu time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhN0xnNVhHeDZzZXM/view?usp=sharing

I haven't included the dynamic N# registration as I am still not able to get it work fully. I'll have to investigate further.

777200LRF, yes it includes Bert's v2.4 mods, the changes Bert made from v2.3 was incorporated already.