Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

A few questions and/or requests

Hello,

I've owned an FS2Crew product years ago for a different aircraft, one of which escapes me right now but I just purchased FS2Crew for the PMDG 777 and I love it.

A few things:

1. It seems that the PA buttons haven't changed much since I remember.  I know there's probably only so much a captain would say to the passengers over the PA system but just curious if any additions are coming.

2. I love the electronic checklist system that FS2Crew does with this aircraft and how it opens automatically and checks things off.  That is amazing.  Is there any plan for FS2Crew to implement the auto-checklisting for failures?

3. The amount of options to say to the Flight Attendants isn't alot and was curious if there are any plans to have more options for FA communication?

4.  This goes along with #3.  Are there any plans of adding options for the food/drink choices for the passengers as well as the movie choices that they watch?  This would be a dream.

I thank you for your replies. :)

Hi Andrew,

Glad you like the software.

1. PA's:  If you have any specific requests, feel free to send them to me.  

2. Failures:  If there's time, we'll try to do an Emergency 777.  But the SDK doesn't provide direct control over the ECL, so it's kinda tricky to do failures.

3. FA's:  Again, we're always taking ideas.

Not really sure I follow the Food Drink choices.  

Hi Andrew,

Glad you like the software.

1. PA's:  If you have any specific requests, feel free to send them to me.  

2. Failures:  If there's time, we'll try to do an Emergency 777.  But the SDK doesn't provide direct control over the ECL, so it's kinda tricky to do failures.

3. FA's:  Again, we're always taking ideas.

Not really sure I follow the Food Drink choices.  

1. PA's: Honestly the only thing I would probably add for the PA button system is a DE-ICING button to let the passengers know that there will be a delay due to de-icing procedures.  I know there's already a departure delay button, so this may not be a huge deal.

2. That's great about possibly getting a PMDG 777 Emergency FS2Crew.  Even if the FO doesn't automatically check things off in the ECL, having a failure FS2Crew like the one in the 737NGX would be great.

3. As it stands, the only things we can really talk to our FA's is ordering a drink and food but even those options can get repetitive at times.  We are unable to really explain weather conditions, altitude changes, diversions or other route changes.  Also, it would be great if we could add in the option for the FA's to explain any condition that happens with the pax like if a pax gets sick or if there are any special needs with a pax.  

I love the food options but it would be great if we could pick from a list of food and/or drinks when we order them. 

(Bear with me here) :)

Maybe give us the option of choosing 5 different types of drinks such as : Soda, Coffee, Tea, Juice, and Water.

Food options for Pilot and FO

Breakfast (3 choices):

• Eggs, Bacon or Sausage, Toast
  • Pancakes
  • Fruit and Yogurt

Lunch (3 choices):

• Cheeseburger and Fries
  • Club Sandwich with Chips
  • Spinach Salad

Dinner (3 choices):

• Chicken Breast, Roasted Potatoes, Vegetables
  • Salmon, Rice Pilaf, Vegetables
  • Lasagna

4. More over choices and options over what the passengers can eat and do (not to try to take anything from FSPassengers so bear with me here also).  I know this may take alot of work but I would gladly pay for an entirely new FS2Crew for this.

Food Options for Passengers

Drinks: Choice of Soda, Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water for free and of course alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor) at an extra charge.  Let us set the prices of these alcoholic beverages.

Snacks: (for 1-3 hour flights): Choice of Crackers, Pretzels, or Nuts.

Breakfast: (for 4+ hour flights before Noon)

• Eggs, Bacon/Sausage, Toast
  • Pancakes
  • Fruit and Yogurt
  • Eggs Benedict (for First Class or Business class Pax only)
  • Belgian Waffles (for First Class or Business class Pax only)

Lunch: (for 4+ hour flights from Noon - 4pm)

• Cheeseburger and Fries
  • Club Sandwich
  • Chicken Caesar Salad
  • Chicken Noodle Soup or New England Clam Chowder
  • Grilled Veal Medallions (for First Class or Business class Pax only)
  • Poached Halibut (for First Class or Business class Pax only)

Dinner: (for 4+ hour flights after 4pm)

• Grilled chicken breast, mashed potatoes, vegetables
  • Lasagna
  • Spinach Salad
  • Lobster Bisque or Italian Florentine soup
  • Choice of Ice Cream
  • Braised Beef served with baby carrots and spinach with a roasted potatoes side (for First Class or Business class Pax only)
  • Glazed Duck Breast with grilled asparagus and a wild rice (for First Class or Business class Pax only)
  • Choice of Crumbled Coffee Cake with a Caramel Sauce or Key Lime Pie (for First Class or Business class Pax only)

As far as movies and/or in-flight entertainment, we can keep it the way it currently is with the FA's just stating that there will be a movie showing and other news clips.  The problem is, she says this even if it's just a 1 hour flight which isn't realistic.  Movies should only be shown if it's a 4+ hour flight. 

I want the FS2Crew to be an even more immersive experience. These are just ideas.  But I'm sure people would gladly fork over more cash to have something like this added.  I know I would in a heartbeat.  I'm not trying to make this FSPassengers, but it would also be nice to be able to see what the Passengers are doing like if they're buckled in their seats, moving about the cabin to the bathroom or whether they're eating or watching in-flight entertainment, or even sleeping.

This would just add to the immersion effect even more.

I hope you like these ideas.

Thanks! :)