Sign in to follow this  
EasyPC

Last ever build for FSX......maybe!

Just ordered the parts for my latest build for FSX and other flightsims (as well as all the other boring stuff), it's almost 5 years since my last one (i7 950, GTX 460) so I thought it was about time.

It's too late to change anything now but I would appreciate any thoughts or comments. I intend to follow NickN's guides for setting it up no matter how long it takes me (I assume they are still relevant even though they are going on for 2 years old now?)

Here's the specs:-

i7 4790k (which I will o/c)

Asus Z97 pro Wi-Fi  mobo

120gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD (for OS only)

250gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD (for FSX only)

Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler

KFA2 GeForce GTX 970 OC

Cooler Master HAF X case + 3 free 200mm CM fans (deal from overclockers UK)

TeamGroup Xtreem LV 16gb (2x8gb) 2400mhz C10 RAM

SuperFlower Golden Green HX 750w 80 Plus Gold PSU

Windows 7 HP 64bit

That little lot set me back £1350 with a few of the bits on special offer from Aria and Overclockers UK

Plus 2 or 3 other hard drives I already have for the other stuff and data

I was considering an M2 drive but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be too much of an advantage, if any, at the moment over normal SSDs.

Hoping this will do for the foreseeable future for FSX (hoping to transition to prepar3d soon), XPlane 10, DCS and ROF

Many thanks,

Peter.

Just ordered the parts for my latest build for FSX and other flightsims (as well as all the other boring stuff), it's almost 5 years since my last one (i7 950, GTX 460) so I thought it was about time.

It's too late to change anything now but I would appreciate any thoughts or comments. I intend to follow NickN's guides for setting it up no matter how long it takes me (I assume they are still relevant even though they are going on for 2 years old now?)

Here's the specs:-

i7 4790k (which I will o/c)

Asus Z97 pro Wi-Fi mobo

120gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD (for OS only)

250gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD (for FSX only)

Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler

KFA2 GeForce GTX 970 OC

Cooler Master HAF X case + 3 free 200mm CM fans (deal from overclockers UK)

TeamGroup Xtreem LV 16gb (2x8gb) 2400mhz C10 RAM

SuperFlower Golden Green HX 750w 80 Plus Gold PSU

Windows 7 HP 64bit

That little lot set me back £1350 with a few of the bits on special offer from Aria and Overclockers UK

Plus 2 or 3 other hard drives I already have for the other stuff and data

I was considering an M2 drive but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be too much of an advantage, if any, at the moment over normal SSDs.

Hoping this will do for the foreseeable future for FSX (hoping to transition to prepar3d soon), XPlane 10, DCS and ROF

Many thanks,

Peter.

dude nickns guide have only gotten me problems i spent 300 dollars on a gtx 780 from my old gtx 660 because in his guie he said a middle range card would bottlenck FSX. Turns out it didnt make any difference. Hes a joke. Follow the the jetline systems website better.

Thanks for the replies. I have now built the system with the components as above and am currently stress/stability testing. Can't quite believe it but I seem stable (using AIDA64) at 4.8ghz with 1.23v with temps peaking in the mid 60s although at the moment I have the RAM pegged back a little at 2133mhz. Looking forward to getting FSX installed this weekend.