Sign in to follow this  
utd4life

Why such the huge drop in FPS?

Hello all, I wonder if you can offer some help or advice.

Running P3D 2.4 ORBX Global scenery, ASN for the weather with Soft cloud textures, currently flying in the Dash 8 by Majestic. I have noticed if I look down at where your legs would be in the cockpit like the seat area, I get between 60-90 fps, same if I look at the overhead panel, 60-90 fps, but if I look outside the window at the clouds, it drops to 20-30 fps.

Why such the big loss of fps and is there anyway I can fix this?

Running in HDR textures, with the HDR soft clouds installed. Also have FFTF=0.01 in the CFG. In-sim settings not too high, scenery all on Normal.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Are you running transperency antialiasing? like supersampling sparse grid blablabla.....this kills performace on my setup...

McDan out

I have FXAA set to on, MSAA: 4 samples and texture filtering aniosotropic 4x. Haven't changed anything in Nvidia inspector.

The same on my machine. I assume it is normal. Usually 3d engines draw only things which are or will be very soon visible. If you look at the seat within the cockpit there is no need to draw the outside world anymore. The fps goes up. If you look up again and see through a window the world has to be drawn again, in addition to the cockpit.

The same on my machine. I assume it is normal. Usually 3d engines draw only things which are or will be very soon visible. If you look at the seat within the cockpit there is no need to draw the outside world anymore. The fps goes up. If you look up again and see through a window the world has to be drawn again, in addition to the cockpit.

I think this is the answer. Even its all covered by clouds outside the window, I believe the world under the clouds is still been drawn as usual.

Yang