Sign in to follow this  
dekela

777 FSX-Steam Edition and Navigraph AIRAC install directory

Hey fellow pilots.

I just installed my 777 in FSX Steam addition and I am trying to update the default AIRAC cycle.

I use Navigraph FMS Manager and in the addon mapping I use the PMDG Products all and set the directory to my steamapps/common/fsx/

However, When I install the AIRAC my 777 FMS is still using the old Cycle.

I noticed that the following directory is being created on the steam edition while it is not on the boxed edition:

<FMCWP> and in it I have the correct cycle.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Dekel Amrani.

I noticed that the following directory is being created on the steam edition while it is not on the boxed edition:

and in it I have the correct cycle.

yup, this happens sometimes and I've posted a thread at Navigraph forum.  I just haven't figured out when it happens/not happens.  Solution:  Move files in \FSX\FMCWP\NAVDATA to \FSX\NAVDATA and over write exiting files.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

I can't find any directory as you have outlined. Any further thoughts in the 2 plus months since this thread was posted?

Dan,

I can't find any directory as you have outlined. Any further thoughts in the 2 plus months since this thread was posted?

I had to look back at my old post.. I made a typo error.  You should have FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA folder.  If not, and you do have FMCWP folder, then create FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA folder and move all files from FMCWP to NAVDATA.  Sorry for that misdirection.

I have not had a problem with the Navigraph FMS Data Manager in several cycles, and assumed it was fixed.  It puts info in the right places for PFPX, TOPCAT, and PMDG all FSX FSXSE and P3D locations.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the info Dan,

I figured if you pointed the Navigraph FMS to the location of the Steam program (c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\FSX) and added that destination to the data manager, it would update the PMDG's in that folder. It did not do do that. So, I pointed the FMS to the (c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\FSX/PMDG) folder, but no joy there either. I scanned with the FMS database manager, but it only found the FSX version.

As I have gotten older, it seems that my computer life has gotten more complicated and my brain has become somewhat more simple.

Anyway, I thought it should work, but it hasn't.

However, I followed your instructions for copying the files and it worked.

Now, if i can get it to update through the Navigraph Data Manager that would be sweet.

Select the "Addon" PMDG (all products), manually set "Install into" to ...\steamapps\common\FSX without the point to PMDG folder.  Don't set "Install into" to FSX.  At least that's what I recall LOL

Dan Downs KCRP

I've made the changes, but since I have already maually added the files to Steam, I'll wait for the next airac to check for operation.

Thanks for the help!