Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

P3D Window Resizing Question

Dear P3D users,

I have a question about the P3D window resizing.

After I minimise my P3D window to look at another program like PFPX and then maximise P3D again, the window is a much smaller square.

A video (not mine) shows exactly what happens to me

Is there any fix or way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

yup!

I am running 347.52, and I've got exactly the same problem and asking exactly the same question

Chas

Run P3d in LM's version of full screen mode. It's on the P3d menu. If one runs P3d in a normal window, but maximized to fit the entire screen (like in the video), this type of response occurs on some systems.

Run P3d in LM's version of full screen mode. It's on the P3d menu. If one runs P3d in a normal window, but maximized to fit the entire screen (like in the video), this type of response occurs on some systems.

Thanks for your response! I did what you said and pressed full screen from the menu and it was instant to alt tab, smooth, seamless and overall a much much better full screen experience compared to what I experienced in FSX.

Definitely recommend everyone considering trying this view at least once, I really like it now.

Thanks for your help

P3d does not have a true full screen mode. This "virtual" full screen mode is actually a borderless window, maximized to the full size of your screen. The reason for this approach is that it allows one to ALT-TAB out of P3d without having screen corruption and crashes. For example, if I run FSX-SE on my Windows 8.1 system in its true full screen mode and try to ALT-TAB to the desktop, it works, but then FSX-SE locks up. This happens in a number of other PC video games also.