Sign in to follow this  
2018paulrobbinx

P3D V2.5 Performance Question

Hello fellow P3D pilots, I had a question about how to increase my fps in the P3D V2.5, and what add ons should I be able to work with in the future because I am very new to the P3D family. My PC specs are as follows: I have a Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor, an Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card, an Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory, a A-Data XPG SX900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive. I use Windows 8.1 64bit. My PC is band new, I litteraly just built it a couple weeks ago, and the only program I really have on it is P3D. Yesterday, I flew the Razbam SA-227 Meteroliner III around KJFK(default scenery) with about 50% AI traffic, and I got around 18-22 fps. It is not bad for me now, but I am wondering if my PC will be able to handle large addons like PMDGs NGX or Aerosofts A320 family series. I know many of you on this forum can help me with your experience in the P3D. Like I said, I just started flying in P3D so please excuse my inexperience.

sincerely,

Paul Robbins

Hi

Properly setup you may be ok but with only 8gb RAM you will have to be really careful what you have running outside P3D or your system will be paging to disk.

Do you have an option to upgrade to 16gb?

I'm not sure about razbam but what fps do you get at default with fps set to unlocked?

Hi

Properly setup you may be ok but with only 8gb RAM you will have to be really careful what you have running outside P3D or your system will be paging to disk.

Do you have an option to upgrade to 16gb?

I'm not sure about razbam but what fps do you get at default with fps set to unlocked?

I can upgrade to 32Gbs of RAM if I need to, with default airplanes I get around 28-32 fps. (I am still learning the quote system)

I suggest dropping AI down to 30% max. Its more realistic in most cases, plus anything higher will deplete frames. AI is by far the hardest impact on P3D. Also, run textures at 2048x2048. There is really no difference, but I have read and noticed that around sunrise/set that if I am running 4096 textures that my frames drop, but with 2048, they remain constant. Also, run unlimited frames and get an external FPS limiter. I use EVGA X16 and it works great. Even at FSDT JFK with traffic and Airbus X I am still getting 20-30 FPS. Upgrading the ram won't help in-game since it will not be able to take full advantage of it. Until P3D goes 64-bit, we are limited in performance due to hardware upgrade. There are lots of tweak guides out there, and every system is different so it just takes time and lots of patience! Tweaks that work for sure are jobaffinity and fiber frame.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I'm not sure what's going on since updating to 2.5, but I've been able to max out my autogen density sliders to max, even autogen building density. Its crazy, and looks pretty darned good too. Also, I mentioned in another thread, but 4xSGSS seem to have somewhat less performance hit in clouds, and I'm running 32bit REX clouds at 1024. Could very well be the latest Nvidia drivers.

Only running Orbx Global/Vector, ASN w/ REX Direct at the moment. Been testing with Realair Legacy, and Majestic Q400, and so far I am really impressed with this update.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

My guess is that your improvement is related to a clean install of P3d. I was just reading another one of those FSX versus FSX-SE posts elsewhere on the Internet, where the guy claimed that installing FSX Gold from scratch also gave him performance improvements, even with the same addons.