Sign in to follow this  
mars03

DA 42 Twin Star

And did the tip on altering the tessellation setting help in P3D, Craig?

And did the tip on altering the tessellation setting help in P3D, Craig?

Sorry for the delay in replying, CoolP - in all honesty, I "fell out of love" with P3D2.5 and have now uninstalled both it, and obviously the DA-42 that lived inside it! :smile:

Enjoying the DA-42 in FSX again, despite the few bugs,  Hopefully Alabeo will release a SP soon.

Ok, kind of "solved" the P3D issue of course but you are correct, Alabeo has to do something soon. That light issue in the bug list thread (in P3D only) might point to a bad adaptation in general which would be surprising when considering that this isn't their first plane for that sim.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and fly safe, no matter in which sim. :smile:

On another occasion I was thinking that at least this Alabeo plane could use the work of some our our regular Carenado modders. She's such a beauty.

On another occasion I was thinking that at least this Alabeo plane could use the work of some our our regular Carenado modders. She's such a beauty.

Yes, that would be good.  I tried out the .air file from the IRIS DA-42 and don't get me wrong, there were lots of inconsistancies and issues and the props weren't behaving properly, but, the hand flying characteristics were much nicer than Alabeos.  Especially on rotation; Alabeo (and Carenado) aircraft all seem to 'lift off' very similarly; they sort of jump off the runway a little unsmoothly.   The IRIS rotation was much smoother and nicer , and the plane felt less 'on rails' than the Alabeo FDE.  Would be great if someone worked on a proper modified FDE, or a merge with the IRIS (or Eaglesoft) FDE.

just a response...why folks buy pretty packages then search high and low for proper FDE, soundsets, avionics packages, documentation, etc from other vendors is quite interesting.

It does show a tendency toward judging FS projects by appearance only...

Why not wait until they pretty package vendors do their due diligence on a project.. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

just a response...why folks buy pretty packages then search high and low for proper FDE, soundsets, avionics packages, documentation, etc from other vendors is quite interesting.

It does show a tendency toward judging FS projects by appearance only...

Why not wait until they pretty package vendors do their due diligence on a project.. B)

It is a fair point Ron.  All of the Eaglesoft aircraft have fantastic FDE without exception.   However, we do spend our time staring at the visuals in front of our PCs, so they are a major factor!

I'd have to throw it back to you - why not create a Eaglesoft DA-42 V2 (or is it 3) with up to date texturing capabilities, and I'm sure we'd all snap your hand off for it, over the Alabeo version. :smile:

....as for waiting for Carenado/Alabeo to do their due diligence (and testing), well, let's face it, we'd have a long wait!!   :lol:  

Cannot complain about the FDE, quite the opposite, at least when it comes to the book values. As for the real-word comparison re: the 'feel' (which remains a subjective item of course), I think a rw driver already expressed his confidence in the Alabeo FDE while, at the same time, noting that the systems are the weak point so far.

To be fair, I do not recall the systems on the competing planes to be any more detailed, but more free of bugs, that's for sure.

Didn't help them with the, now, old-ish appearance and flair of course and I think you have a point on hinting the renewal of a 2008 (or earlier) release to be far more constructive than monitoring the competition's threads. ^_^

Fair point Craig..really not our business to speculate on others work. Wouldn't have except, we are mentioned from time to time in some comparison so offered 2 cents on the issue.

Over and out. B)

Hardly monitoring CoolIP, we are often mentioned here when folks talk about merging our product features with theirs so felt we should respond. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hardly monitoring CoolIP, we are often mentioned here when folks talk about merging our product features with theirs so felt we should respond.

Of course. Thanks for the help.

Besides, Craig used the Iris air file and the only plane where a customer recommended getting another (better) sound pack was the ES so far. Context. :wink:

You too.. B) The context is that we receive notification from time to time that our name is used.. let's not make a molehill out of a mountain er wait.... :He He:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Fair point Craig..really not our business to speculate on others work.

Please note I didn't make the point about the appropriateness of you commenting on another product - personally I see no problem with that at all.  It's good to get other views and thoughts from fellow developers.  It makes everything more open.  There's no real benefit to exclusivity in these threads.    I always welcome your contribution to threads.

Much appreciated but doubt that folks want our input on others products... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

but doubt that folks want our input on others products

Very true. For good reason and in accordance with the AVSIM TOS. You are a commercial member and don't even own the Alabeo plane. Self promotion or "insights" like these don't add any value, same goes for making up context.

No apologies for being suspicious when a guy is using the 'over and out' phrase more than once btw. The constructive thing to do was already recommended, try to compete on the product level instead. ^_^

Suggest we move on :smile:

A little tip for making the interior more immersive in this DA-42;  there's a package in the AVSIM File Library called "Cockpit Sounds"* that uses Doug Dawson's freeware DSD Sound gauge (needs to be downloaded and installed into FSX/Gauges seperately) that adds nice cockpit switch sounds for almost all of the switches in the DA-42.    Also, you get a nice 'crack' sound when cranking on the Parking brake.

To use the gauge, you just put the 'Cockpit Sounds' in your FSX/Gauges folder, and then add two lines (details provided in a ReadMe) to the [VirtualCockpit01] entry of your panel.cfg

Can be used with any addon that has no custom cockpit sounds.

Well worth using.

==================

*there are a number of versions of the "Cockpit Sounds" package in the library, tied to specific aircraft, so when searching, make sure you downloade the version noted as being for "GA" or 'works with all aircraft' (can't remember the exact wording.

EDIT:  Here's a direct link :  http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=179238

Good call, Craig. :smile:

Re: the sound gauge. Wouldn't it need a special config for our plane? Don't get me wrong, the gauge itself is a great tool and I saw it coming even with some payware releases.

On another occasion, I was asking Alabeo if they really consider a service pack. Not asking for dates but just the general notion to offer one. Since it's the weekend now, I'd expect an answer at the beginning of next week and will update you folks accordingly.