Sign in to follow this  
jesush1234

Poor Performance P3D 2.5

Hi Everyone;

I have finally migrated to P3D now that PMDG has joined in, however I am having extremely poor performance in P3D using the NGX and 777 with addon airports (FSDT, LatinVFR, FlyTampa, FlightBeam) I am also running REX texture direct 4 with soft clouds and ASN.

When I mean poor I mean that when Flying in a 3rd party airport using a 3rd party airplane with REX and ASN I'm getting around 8,10,12 FPS. I have tried playing with the P3D settings, HDR, Volumetric Fog, Shadows etc... with no luck.

My System specs are the following:

Mac Pro (Cylinder)- Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) running natively using BootCamp.
  • 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
  • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 4X4GB
  • 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage
  • Dual AMD FirePro D700-6GB VRAM (Crossfire X is enabled on the ATI FIREPRO CC, I have also tried unchecking it with no performance change)

Prepar3D Settings:

psVMuj.png

8frtP6.png

ndtrhs.png

BkUT80.png

VnKRr4.png

REX 4 Texture Direct with soft clouds settings:

lFuRVz.png

In-Sim Pictures:

vQNvkC.png

ZkkKUn.png

14Gony.png

AesNpk.png

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi,

had the same problems and found a solution.

Set the target framerate on unlimited and P3D is running smooth.

Increased my FPS from 10 to 35, it's a known bug. 

Julian

Hi Everyone;

I have finally migrated to P3D now that PMDG has joined in, however I am having extremely poor performance in P3D using the NGX and 777 with addon airports (FSDT, LatinVFR, FlyTampa, FlightBeam) I am also running REX texture direct 4 with soft clouds and ASN.

When I mean poor I mean that when Flying in a 3rd party airport using a 3rd party airplane with REX and ASN I'm getting around 8,10,12 FPS. I have tried playing with the P3D settings, HDR, Volumetric Fog, Shadows etc... with no luck.

My System specs are the following:

Mac Pro (Cylinder)- Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) running natively using BootCamp.
  • 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
  • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 4X4GB
  • 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage
  • Dual AMD FirePro D700-6GB VRAM (Crossfire X is enabled on the ATI FIREPRO CC, I have also tried unchecking it with no performance change)

Prepar3D Settings:

It's simple your settings are quit a bit off for your system and hardware.... what's your native monitor resolution?

André

Hi Everyone;

Try setting your 'Terrain level of radius' to a lower setting, like medium. Note that what was Max in FSX is comparable to Medium in P3D.

Also try setting Tesselation on for better results.

Not so good, not so bad.  The performance on my P3D v2.5 is enough to get by. I am using REX4 Texture HD also.

My rig: Win7 64 bits, i5 3570K OC 4.2 Ghz, cooler Zalman CNPS10X Performa, mobo GA-Z77M-D3H, Nvidia Zotac GTX780 AMP, 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kingston, HD Western Digital SATA3 7200 RPM, Monitor Samsung FULL HD 27" TA550, PSU Corsair AX850W and nobreak TS SHARA 1200va.

P3Dv2-PMDG-737NGX-ILS.jpg

Try setting your 'Terrain level of radius' to a lower setting, like medium. Note that what was Max in FSX is comparable to Medium in P3D.

Also try setting Tesselation on for better results.

+1

Also try shadow quality low and both special effects to medium, cloud shadows no more than 10k, objects 3k and 0 terrain cast. I use medium tessellation. 3820k @4.6 GTX 760/ 25-30 frames in the 777 (with ASN and FSDT). I also agree with frames to unlimited.

James McLees

Hi,

had the same problems and found a solution.

Set the target framerate on unlimited and P3D is running smooth.

Increased my FPS from 10 to 35, it's a known bug. 

Julian

This should be marked as the solution.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10