Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

SP1d Functionality

Hello all,

I just wanted to get clarification on whether the NGX will eventually receive the same functionality as the 777 in terms of automatic insertion of winds aloft data - I was under the impression that this was going to be implemented with the addition of the weather radar feature for the NGX which came in this latest SP1d update.

PS: this is not a criticism in any way, shape or form - just a straight up question.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can't speak for PMDG, but I'm pretty sure that RSR indicated that there will eventually be a true SP2 for the NGX line that will add additional functionality from the 777, which would include the enroute winds option. The fact that they were able to add the weather radar as part of the rollout of the Steam and P3D versions was an unexpected bonus - and probably meant to tide us over until a more extensive SP2 update can be produced.

Now that the 777 and NGX are fully ported to both FSX-SE and P3D, I'd not expect to see any additional NGX updates until after the 747V2. Pretty sure that all efforts will now be devoted to getting the new 747 out the door, along with the new DC-6 initial XPlane release.

The winds import feature would have been a nice feature, but I personally will get far more immediate use out of the weather radar. I'm glad to have that, and am very content to wait on further NGX updates until after the new Queen is crowned.

I just wanted to get clarification on whether the NGX will eventually receive the same functionality as the 777 in terms of automatic insertion of winds aloft data - I was under the impression that this was going to be implemented with the addition of the weather radar feature for the NGX which came in this latest SP1d update.

Nope. We stated multiple times prior to the release of SP1d that it would be a minor update.

Thanks for the clarification Kyle,

although minor updates were mentioned I didn't perceive the implementation of the WX Radar into the NGX as "minor"....goes to show how much I know about programming. B)

Thanks for the clarification Kyle,

although minor updates were mentioned I didn't perceive the implementation of the WX Radar into the NGX as "minor"....goes to show how much I know about programming. B)

Welcome!

That's understandable.