Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Navigraph/AIRAC on P3D

I am still having a problem updating the AIRAC cycle in the P3D versions of the PMDG aircrafts.

I have tried the Kyle's instructions of 01/06/16, but still no joy updating the AIRAC.  I have no idea what the correct path is in P3D to update the AIRAC.  I tried C:\P3D\ and C:\Users\(name)\... and still does not update.  Now I seem to have 2 different paths for the PMDG ( non FSX) but nowhere to point them.  The automatic locate in FMS Data Manager does not seem to find it.

Another issue I have is the Co-Pilot call outs are not working.

More issues would be importing flight plans into the P3D version of PMDG.  I have no idea how to point PFPX to the proper plae in P3D to send them to.

Obviously, I am not a computer programmer.

Any gurus that can offer help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Forsgren

Here is my data from fmc_ident.txt:

[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1601
OpProgram=JAN07FEB03/16
CoData=JEP-1601

I found this in the Program (x86) files

Steve Forsgren

Stephen Forsgren

I have tried the Kyle's instructions of 01/06/16, but still no joy updating the AIRAC.  I have no idea what the correct path is in P3D to update the AIRAC.  I tried C:\P3D\ and C:\Users\(name)\... and still does not update.  Now I seem to have 2 different paths for the PMDG ( non FSX) but nowhere to point them.  The automatic locate in FMS Data Manager does not seem to find it.

C:\Users\... is definitely incorrect, since the NAVDATA folder isn't there.

C:\P3D\ is only correct if you have your Prepar3D installed in that directory (this isn't the default install location).

If the NavData manager isn't able to map your add-ons by scanning, then you probably have a messed up registry. Support for their software, though, will need to come from them. Keep in mind that you should run the program as an admin to ensure that it's allowed to write to the various locations.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, Kyle!

When I installed P3D the first time, I used the default install path.  I uninstalled it and I thought I deleted the x86, users and app data files, then reinstalled P3D to a directory called P3D.

Now I see there is still a Lockheed Martin  Prepar3D file in my x86 program files, so I guess I must have botched the reinstall(?)

When I was searching for the NavDate file, I found it in the Lockheed Martin x86 program files, but when I clicked on that to direct the navdata, it seems it added a duplicate of PMDG\NavData\PMDG\NavData(?)

Anyway, looks like I have a lot of troubleshooting or a full uninstall and reinstall using the default settings.

Steve

Stephen Forsgren

Now I see there is still a Lockheed Martin  Prepar3D file in my x86 program files, so I guess I must have botched the reinstall(?)

Well, it's not the reason, but it's evidence of why things aren't working properly.

When I was searching for the NavDate file, I found it in the Lockheed Martin x86 program files, but when I clicked on that to direct the navdata, it seems it added a duplicate of PMDG\NavData\PMDG\NavData(?)

This usually happens when people navigate to PMDG/NAVDATA instead of telling the program to use the root P3D folder. In other words, the program is going to install into the PMDG/NAVDATA folder of whatever folder you tell it. In other words, it's going to add PMDG/NAVDATA to whatever location you specify, so you need to tell it to install into the P3D root folder and it'll handle it from there.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle!

Thanks for the advise.  I uninstalled and reinstalled P3D using the default installation and now the AIRAC's are updated nicely in P3D usinf FMS data manager.

Now to work out add-on scenery bugs...ugh!

Stephen Forsgren

I had the same problem.  Navigraph Data Manager could not find my FSX_SE location.  After much messing around and trying to find the correct location for files, I finally got it right.

Data Manager can be a problem, evidently, except for old FSX installations.  Just do an manual installation.

Dave Hinson

Data Manager can be a problem, evidently, except for old FSX installations.  Just do an manual installation.

It's not so much the manager as much as it's the registry that it depends on. FSX:SE does a lot of weird things with the registry, in an effort to make it compatible with pre-SE installers...but this is only usually possible if FSX boxed is removed and the computer scrubbed prior to FSX:SE install, or the FSX:SE install is the first install of FSX-in-general on the machine.

The amount of checking our installers do now for all of the various combinations of scenarios found in the registry is a lot more complex than one might expect.

I have FSX, FSX:SE, P3D and X-Plane all on one machine to help with testing things. The Navigraph Data Manager installed and found all of them on the first pass. I think this is mainly due to the fact that I never installed one version of FSX, and uninstalled another. Either way, I wouldn't really blame them for the oddities found in the registry. You can also tell the data manager where to find the installations if the scan can't find them automatically. Still many times easier than the manual install method.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers