Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Navigraph/AIRAC on P3D

Maybe I missed it, but do we need to manually install the current AIRAC file for the P3D version of the NGX? The FMS updater from Navigraph cant find my P3D version. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My Navigraph installer has picked up my P3D installs of the Aerosoft Bus and the PMDG NG.

Maybe I missed it, but do we need to manually install the current AIRAC file for the P3D version of the NGX? The FMS updater from Navigraph cant find my P3D version. 

If it doesn't pick it up, you can manually map it.

If it doesn't pick it up, you can manually map it.

I'll see if that works, it has been frustrating so far. I just made the transition to P3D this week and while it seems to be working better then FSX, I am having issues like this. I'll let you know if it works.

I'll see if that works, it has been frustrating so far. I just made the transition to P3D this week and while it seems to be working better then FSX, I am having issues like this. I'll let you know if it works.

Remember: it's a new sim. All the stuff you needed to do to get FSX running, you'll probably need to do here. Don't just assume that everything is going to work simply because it worked for FSX...  :wink:

...well...minus a bunch of the CFG tweaking...but even the graphics settings should be adjusted in the sim to find the sweet spot.

Remember: it's a new sim. All the stuff you needed to do to get FSX running, you'll probably need to do here. Don't just assume that everything is going to work simply because it worked for FSX...  :wink:

...well...minus a bunch of the CFG tweaking...but even the graphics settings should be adjusted in the sim to find the sweet spot.

Oh trust me my man, I know. I have been simming since the SubLogic days and I am aware. Actually, with the migration tool, some things are easier, somethings not like FSINN. The only real issue I have left that I am trying to figure out is why the textures are not as crisp in the VC as compared to FSX, once I get that figured out, FSX will probably be a fond memory.

**Edit** I didnt have the most updated FMS Manager from Navgraph. I have it now, and it is working well.

Oh trust me my man, I know. I have been simming since the SubLogic days and I am aware. Actually, with the migration tool, some things are easier, somethings not like FSINN. The only real issue I have left that I am trying to figure out is why the textures are not as crisp in the VC as compared to FSX, once I get that figured out, FSX will probably be a fond memory.

If the "migration tool" is the Estonia thing people keep referencing, it's been known to cause issues (some mysterious black box appearing when launching P3D is one of them). Depending on what you're doing, it can also be violating EULAs, so please be careful.

As far as FSInn goes, my recommendation would be to install FSUIPC in P3D (the latest installer from Pete's site supports this) and use vPilot - much simpler.

**Edit** I didnt have the most updated FMS Manager from Navgraph. I have it now, and it is working well.

Glad to see that it's sorted.

Yes, I decided to use vPilot as it is an easier interface and causes less freezes. I have just been using FSInn for so long that it is hard to change habbits. And the Estonia thing works ok for the items that dont have P3D installers. Fortunately most of my favorite addons do have P3D installers or in the NGX case are native to P3D makes it easier. But there may be some old addons that the Migration Tool might be helpful with.

The only real issue I have left that I am trying to figure out is why the textures are not as crisp in the VC as compared to FSX, once I get that figured out, FSX will probably be a fond memory.

Brian,

What worked for me was to disable "Mipmap VC Panels" under "View and Panel Settings"  in the Graphics Settings.

Your mileage may vary... (just to cover myself)  ^_^

I have the Navigraph 1503 Airac installed into Prepar3d\PMDG\Navdata ...but on start up the 737NG FMC still gives the "Navdata out of date" message... which implies the 1108 Airac is still operative.

Is this the correct path, ie within the PMDG Module, or should the Navdata be installed elsewhere?

• Upvote 1

I have the Navigraph 1503 Airac installed into Prepar3d\PMDG\Navdata ...but on start up the 737NG FMC still gives the "Navdata out of date" message... which implies the 1108 Airac is still operative.

Is this the correct path, ie within the PMDG Module, or should the Navdata be installed elsewhere?

Mine also shows out of date on the FMC but when I check the version installed via the FMC it does state 1503 so its got the correct version. Maybe just a bug?

Barry Hicks

Ensure that you have the correct version on the IDENT page.

Mine also shows out of date on the FMC but when I check the version installed via the FMC it does state 1503 so its got the correct version. Maybe just a bug?

Barry Hicks

Ensure you're operating the sim within the appropriate time range of the AIRAC. In other words, if you're doing a historical flight before the range, then you'll get the warning as well. Spurious, but you'll get it.

vPilot + IVAO's MTL model set is hands down the best you can get.  All that is missing is a custom SELCAL tone and that's about it.  

Kyle,

I am having the same problem with P3D2.5. The IDENT page shows AIRAC-1309 AUG22SEP18/13 whereas the Navigraph FMS Data Manager shows:

1. PFPX Professional Fligh Planner X
  2. PMDG (all products)
  3. TOPCAT

as '1503 rev 1'. I am operating on real-time, so no dates other than today.

Can you say what's wrong?

To anyone having these issues, can you go to the PMDG\Nav Data folder and look for the fmc_ident.txt, and then post the line that begins with [ident] ?

Here is mine

[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1503
OpProgram=MAR05APR01/15
CoData=JEP-1503

Barry Hicks

Ensure you're operating the sim within the appropriate time range of the AIRAC. In other words, if you're doing a historical flight before the range, then you'll get the warning as well. Spurious, but you'll get it.

Guess that was my issue. Weird as it was always on the correct date prior. Oh well

Barry Hicks

I have the same problem with my 737 NGX for P3d 2.5. If I look in the PMDG navdata directory I see the right navdata (Aerosoft)

But if I start the 737NGX the FMS says navdata out of date ( or something like that.

It look like the NGX engine don't see the right dataset.

(and yes I fly in real time) 

Kyle,

This morning I was offered an update for the Navigraph FMS Data Manager so I installed it and re-ran its update of PFPX, PMDG (all products) and TOPCAT. This does not appear to have fixed the out-of-date problem.

My current fmc_ident.txt file now contains:

[ident]

NavData=AIRAC-1309

OpProgram=AUG22Sep18/13

CoData=EAG-1309 

The properties of this file now show:

Created 09 March 2015, 08:42:06

Modified 19 August 2013 20:08:58

Accessed 09 March 201508:42:06

so it looks as though the file has not been updated since created during my P3D2.5 installation processes.

HTH

This morning I was offered an update for the Navigraph FMS Data Manager so I installed it and re-ran its update of PFPX, PMDG (all products) and TOPCAT. This does not appear to have fixed the out-of-date problem.

Have you pointed the Navigraph program to your P3D install? It probably doesn't know you've installed it and isn't updating it.

I just submitted a ticket on this,  the FMC shows the correct NAVDATA and i still get the message the the NAVDATA is out of date.  I forwarded a picture to PMDG.

I am not having any problems with mine. P3D 2.5 with both hotfixes, PMDG 777, Aerosoft Airbus X, QualityWings 757, Aivlasoft EFB, and PFPX all have the correct AIRAC. I did manually map the correct P3D directories in the Navigraph Data Manager, and I am using a separate windows login and disk partition to keep everything separate from FSX.

Chris DeFouw

Have you pointed the Navigraph program to your P3D install? It probably doesn't know you've installed it and isn't updating it.

Hi Kyle

I think I have found the problem for my out of date Navdata message int the FMC

Under the directory /PMDG there is a NAVDATA directory.

If I install the navdata from aerosoft I point the programm to the directory pmdg/navdata .

Navdata pro installs the right data but makes a new directory in the PMDG/NAVDATA directory and calls it navdata. There I find the right data. ( in pmdg/navdata/navdata)

But one level higher the old navdata still exist.

So I have to point the aerosoft navdatapro programm to the directory PMDG. Then it is ok.

So simpel. Why do I see this now???

Regards and thanks for helping

So simpel. Why do I see this now???

It's a human thing. We look for complexity while simple solutions are staring us in the face. :-) Glad you figured it out!

Cheers,

Hi Kyle and the rest...

I am having the same problem.

My navigraph FMC Data manager has both FSX Steam and P3D V3 mapped out..

However, if I look in my "Prepare 3D/PMDG\NAVDATA ", the latest cycle isnt there

as it is for "FSX/PMDG/NAVDATA"

So FSX yes...

P3D V3 no

Both mapped out in settings

and in the Navigraph window it only shows PMDG for FSXS in the addon list.

Something seems to be definitely weird....

Thanks

Will Charles