Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Parking Brake

Hi all,

The parking brake on all my 737NGX planes no longer release when the period key is pressed,

or button 1 on my joystick.

The brakes do release on all other planes, default and add on including the PMDG Jetstream 41.

The problem seems to have started after a disc. wipe using O&O defrag. software.

Does anybody have any ideas as to which file possibly has gone missing?

And how to  rectify the problem. Thanks in advance.  

Does anybody have any ideas as to which file possibly has gone missing?

Remove the chocks.

MENU key. FS ACTIONS > GROUND CONNECTIONS > CHOCKS.

Edit:

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle. sorry to hijack this thread but mine on this subject was unanswered. Did sp1d do anything to repair the parking break spikes I would get from my rudder pedals causing the break to kick off? It seems much improved now and I was wondering if it is just an illusion. The movement on my control yoke seems perfectly synced and I have made no adjustments. Did you guys fix something or is it self delusion on my part? Thanks Vic Green.

Vic green

Did sp1d do anything to repair the parking break spikes I would get from my rudder pedals causing the break to kick off?

Spikes from hardware is outside our realm of control, for the most part. This is all about either buying really good hardware (that has better parts that avoid spikes), or calibrating your hardware to minimize/ignore the spikes.

Did you guys fix something or is it self delusion on my part?

I don't recall us changing anything, but I'd have a look at the change log. Glad it seems like it has a better hand feel, though!

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. NGX just seems like a new girl after a make over. Eye of the beholder I guess. Hey, hope you don't mind me saying so, the first time I saw your new picture there I thought it was Frank Decapio in "Catch me if you can". Great movie if you haven't seen it. Have a great weekend! Vic. 

Vic green

Thanks Kyle. NGX just seems like a new girl after a make over. Eye of the beholder I guess. Hey, hope you don't mind me saying so, the first time I saw your new picture there I thought it was Frank Decapio in "Catch me if you can". Great movie if you haven't seen it. Have a great weekend! Vic. 

haha - that's actually one of the lines I hear a bunch when I'm with the DC-3 crew at airshows. I'm pretty sure it's nearly the same exact uniform.

Kyle Rodgers

Since i put in the new service pack I've been setting things up for 3 days and still cant get me throttles to work like they did .I put it in basically for the weather radar -i have Opus and it don't work with Opus  so if i would of known that i would of left the ol' version. I know what you mean about the brakes, i went through it also . ---Scandivaian13---- man i know know that name from some where --weren't you part of FS-Airlines ?

Since i put in the new service pack I've been setting things up for 3 days and still cant get me throttles to work like they did

Whats the issues with your throttles  are they not working at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Since i put in the new service pack I've been setting things up for 3 days and still cant get me throttles to work like they did .I put it in basically for the weather radar -i have Opus and it don't work with Opus so if i would of known that i would of left the ol' version. I know what you mean about the brakes, i went through it also . ---Scandivaian13---- man i know know that name from some where --weren't you part of FS-Airlines ?

Nope. I was in Scandinavian VA (SVA) for a while at university, but stopped around when I graduated. I actually made it specifically for this site back when I was in high school (for the file library initially, and a few years later, the forum).

As far as your throttle issues go, it might get more attention in a separate thread, but also remember that having uninstalled/reinstalled means you need to adjust your settings in the PMDG SETUP> menu to the way you had them before.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh well i was wrong on where  seen you around , ----just bought Active sky next and haven't tried it yet to go with this 737 . Not even gonna read the manual on the radar cause my kid drives one so ill get him to come and give me a crash course on the radar .. I'll open a new thread if i have to but right now not really to sure what's going on. I  have all my planes saved cold and dark  i deleted my FCUIPC ini file and put the quad rent to default with the PFC set up . When i fire up the saved 737's  the throttles are 1/2 way up and jammed  till i start  my engines then they seem to be OK .  With the engines shut off they don't move . 

With the engines shut off they don't move .

Had a similar issue  as yours  that  the throttles would move  but  the engines  wouldn't  respond  , submitted a ticket  in  and  found out   I hadn't  had  the basic trike as my default start up, this  what fixed my issue it  may fix your  as well

Just to see what happens, can you try resetting to the default Ultralight flight? In the FSX.cfg file, it's the SITUATION= line - comment it out with two forward slashes before it and that'll force FSX to put the default one back in. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete i'm using the default Cessna for start up except for when i use the 37 then i go straight to the 737 . I got them working after i deleted the FSUIPC INI flie . , and just using the set up from Precision flight controls .